xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
brandon10092

Computer Processors Comparison

Well, look at it this way. AMD has been using the 64 architechture now for quite some time, and up until the Conroe showed up to give it serious competition and to finally beat it, Intel had no answer for AMD with their P4's. When it's AMD's turn to launch their new line of proccessors, then they will be the new king in performance. In my experience, the difference between a core 2 duo and an athlon 64 x2 isn't as huge as benchmarks tend to say, its more of the amd being an avg. 5-10 fps behind. Boo hoo, not enough of a reason for me to buy a whole new system just because of that. AMD dual core procs run very cool and use little voltage, which makes them great at overclocking. A Zalman fan and some tweaking will do me good :lol: .Also, in respone to the new conroes, amd lowered its prices considerably, so you can get a very good cpu for a fraction of the price of what it used to cost before the added competition. Competition= better procs at lower prices.

I also prefer the AMD it is a lot better processor and the company itself produces many better solutions then Intel. Eventhough they are regulary late with new processor types and behind the Intel when their new processor is on th emarket it is sold at higher rates ebcause of price range then because of the stability and overheating problems and so on.I would like to point out biggest advantage of AMD processors over the intel processors and that is operations per second it is just that you would compare Olympic weight lifter with Body Builder. One uses shear power and doesn't look to have muscles at all while other uses stereoids and other medicins to grow his muscles and show them around. Its the same thing here. AMD doesn't show his muscle by his speeds like intel does but instead it is able to do a lot more oprations then intel processors on the same clock speed.

AMD processors are definitely reliable more than Intel ones upto the pentium processors. About Core 2 Duo I have not used it and i dont know how good it is. But nearly everyone seems to agree that they are better than AMD processors of the same kind. But AMD hopes to reverse it with the launch of Barcelona chip. But Intel has huge resources and money and have promised several multicore processors and more usage of 45nm technology. So only time will tell how this plays out. Another news today is that AMD plans to use on chip DRM. Man that is bad.

The best processor company I would say is AMD. AMD processors are made for performance where as Intel processors are made for everyday use. The best processor to get today would probalbly be one of AMD's Dual Core processors.

Can anyone tell me the better CPU?Computer Processors ComparisonHi,I am a relative novice regarding buying computers. I want a new laptop and have settled to buy from Dell as I have had an old Inspiron 1000 for 6 years and it although as slow as a dustcart and dated, it has been reliable.The trouble with Dell is that they present you with so much choice, which to someone like me, leads to total and utter confusion and eventual shutdown!I am looking at the Inspiron 15 (1545, 1546 and 1564). All offer a choice of different processors and many other options. I do not understand what most of it means.Besides the different variants of the Inspiron 15, which in itself I do not understand the difference between and what each is capable of and suited to, the processors confuse me too.The three different processors are:Intel Core 2 Duo P7450 (1545)AMD TurionX2 ZM-82 (1546)Intel Core i5-520M (1564)What is the difference and what are they capable of and what applications would benefit from having them fitted?If anyone can shed any light with some clear plain english explanations to this old novice, I would much appreciate it!-reply by Brian

According to me AMD is the best processor. Intels processor is also good but for gaming purpose, I would prefer for AMD processor. Every software runs on AMD processor.So my choice will always be AMD processor.

"Intel's previous NetBurst architecture had de-emphasized FPU power in favor of special instructions (SSE, 2, 3). This is partly the reason so many gamers ditched their Pentium 4/D computers in favor of AMD Athlon64 processors and it's more powerful FPU.With the Intel Core processor architecture, the company finally addressed the FPU issue. Intel's "Conroe" CPU core has a very powerful FPU, and that has guaranteed a very welcome reception by gamers ever since.As it stands in the fall of 2007, the Intel Core 2 Duo processor is generally more powerful than AMD's Athlon64 X2/FX series in games, and all around.Whether you're working on multimedia tasks, workstation or just need raw data crunching power, the Core 2 Duo trounces AMD's best almost every time."Amd Athlon - Said to be better in comparison to Pentium 3 cpus but the heat generated was their down side...Amd 64 Athlon - Then best what Amd had against Intel's pin less Pentium 4 processors....Amd X2 - By the time this processor was released every one heard about Intel's new Core 2 duo processors....Core2 Duo was faster than any of the Amd or Intel cupus even less power consuming..... Intel Cor2 duo and processors released after it reign supreme... Not only gaming but Video editing, Compression etc... And lets face it from the start Intel cpus have had a bigger L1 and L2 than cache Amds. When i used to work for a It company in the uae i remember Amds sales going higher than intels in the middle east.... But only desktops...Later and like before Intel is still the king.....