xisto Community
Albus Dumbledore

What Is The Purpose Of The Green Sran Wrap Sort Of Stuff

I was wondering, what is the purpose of that green kind of see-through, saran-wrap sort of stuff that a new computer part is wraped in when it gets shipped to you?

No computer parts I've ever bought come in green saran wrap. But it could be anti-static stuff. You probably know that if a computer gets staticy...well, said part isn't ganna work to well.

Yeah i have not seen green sran wrap stuff on any of my parts. Most of mine come in almost clear antistatic bags and plenty of cushion so that the parts are not broken. The reason their are the antistatic bags are so that the electrical parts are not damaged or shocked at all and thus they can operate correctly. Static can destroy a processor so you always ground yourself before touching computer parts

the wrap is for the product not to get wet. whether it is shipped on air, land or sea, the surrounding air in a package can have moisture. and moisture, when gets collected it turns to droplets of water and since the product that they shipped to you is very sensitive, it has to be handled with care, not to let it get wet.