xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
only1yoni

Free Forum Hosting NO BANDWIDTH LIMIT / FREE SUBDOMAIN

Hi there,I just started a new service which is 100% free.http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ Language support*Free Forum Hosting*No bandwidth limit*250+ templatesI am open to any recommendations or tips.Thank You

I have a better ine. Incisionfree. You get free forum hosting and Ifskinzone.net has a varitey of skins that will really enhance your site, if your hosted here. You can make a redirect so your site will be forums.yoursite.com and its IPB like the one trap has so if you like that then you will enjoy this a lot!

Man you should get other forums to host besides PHPBB 2, maybe PHPBB 3 or Invision Board 1.3, and maybe some of the other not as well known forums so it opens people up to other forum software..

InvisionFree.com is an excellent free forum too. It gives you all the admin features you could ever want. A really good forum i might say. Everyone can benefit from it. Servers are fast and reliable as well. You can import your own smilies, titles, and blips.

Edited by red flag (see edit history)

only1yoni, that was your first post. so i take it you're here to advertise your service? and it's still in construction, with two days left. what forum package do you host? phpBB, SMF or IPB?the big problem with most forum hosts is that they use one database and file set for ALL forums.this poses a few major problems:you will not be able to access the files, hence you can't install skins. if you do, they will be installed for everybody. you cannot access the MySQL database, halting any thoughts of manual edits.usually the only things you can upload are images, to prevent the forum host being turned into a webhost. only1yoni, if you allow members to access the files and MySQL db, and host IPB, I will DEFINITELY be joining.But I will keep my hosting account here on Xisto, because you cannot beat their hosting. And anyway, I doubt you will be allowed file access.

Thanks for sharing that one, it really seems better that the one i used to use a couple of months ago, the 250 templates attracts me very much, and the ilimited bandwidth too.

I used to use http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ , they also offer a subdomain, but they do not have as many usefull features as the one you are informing us.

Ok, cool. I would say improve the website's template. Make it a bit more professional looking, as it is in 1 corner on my monitor. The background changes from gray to white, so that needs changing. Add a style sheet and make it better! ;)