xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
zak92

C Or C++ Easy Programming Generator You need a program?

Hi i just had a stupid question on how to program is C or C++. I would like to know if there is any program like Photoshop to create C codes or how to put them together. If someone could show me it would be great. I appreciate it as i love computers and want to be like a wiz at it and also everything related to it. I know that this is crazy and i have heard that from people they tell me you're a GFX person stay there but i want to explore. Thanks if helped.

Uhm, I don't think there are any good programs where you can just point-and-click or drag-and-drop that produces good C code. If you're working on MS Windows, you can download TurboC, which is small in size, and do your own codes. If you're using Linux or Unix, I think they already have gcc installed.Anyway, I hope you know this but just in case...You don't create C code with any special program. Any text editor, like notepad, wordpad, gedit or kwrite can be used to code C code. Just save the files in .c format, not .txt. Now, what you need the software for (tcc or gcc) is in compiling your program. It's your way of saying, "Okay, I've finished coding (for now). Go turn this C code into machine code." If all goes well, you will end up with an executable file.For C++, on the other hand, I'm not sure 'coz I've never used it before. However, I think MS Visual Studio does have C++, right? Guys? Anyone?Anyway, best of luck in your endeavors :P

C++ (pronounced "see plus plus", IPA: /siː plʌs plʌs/) is a general-purpose, high-level programming language with low-level facilities. It is a statically typed free-form multi-paradigm language, supporting procedural programming, data abstraction, object-oriented programming, and generic programming. Since the 1990s, C++ has been one of the most popular commercial programming languages.Bjarne Stroustrup developed C++ (originally named "C with Classes") in 1983 at Bell Labs as an enhancement to the C programming language. Enhancements started with the addition of classes, followed by, among other features, virtual functions, operator overloading, multiple inheritance, templates, and exception handling. The C++ programming language standard was ratified in 1998 as ISO/IEC 14882:1998, the current version of which is the 2003 version, ISO/IEC 14882:2003. A new version of the standard (known informally as C++0x) is being developed.

Edited by zak92 (see edit history)

Nah, you don't have to limit development like that.You can use Notepad for just about anything.Notepad's just usually used for writing or editing source code really fast.Although people tend to to use programs like Dev C++ so that the code is highlighted.

For C++, on the other hand, I'm not sure 'coz I've never used it before. However, I think MS Visual Studio does have C++, right? Guys? Anyone?

Yeh, Microsoft have a C++ compiler. I think they offer their "Visual C++" as an express edition, which is free.

FYI the file extension for C++ is .cpp

Yes that helps i did think it was that but what confused me is that isnt notepad supposed to be for like Web development more that software development.

I don't understand why anyone would want to use notepad for anything more than... well, why they would want to use it for anything at all.

If you are going to do any programing at all, at least grab yourself a text editor with syntax highlighting. Makes everything much easier to read.

I use Borland's free compiler for my C++ stuff (It compiles C code as well), as it hasn't failed me yet. You may be better with Microsoft Visual C++ if you want to do some programs with a GUI (Graphics user interface), as setting out a GUI in a text editor is not fun.

Notepad is just a text editor. This means it can do anything you want it to do that only involves text being entered into its window without any special formatting. For programming in c or c++ get Visual Studio express because it does have some tools to help with a gui and you also can add the Windows SDK to the help menu along with directx sdk, etc. This will allow it to autocomplete and give you options as to what functions are available through a class and what properties any structure or class contains. Since you really just use c++ for programming which is not a visual aspect there isnt a dreamweaver for c++ kinda thing but like i stated visual studio has tools that work for creating a gui since that is a visual aspect that is written in c++ and can be done with dragging and dropping.

Notepad is just a text editor. This means it can do anything you want it to do that only involves text being entered into its window without any special formatting. For programming in c or c++ get Visual Studio express because it does have some tools to help with a gui and you also can add the Windows SDK to the help menu along with directx sdk, etc. This will allow it to autocomplete and give you options as to what functions are available through a class and what properties any structure or class contains.

Hmm... I'd say stick with Dev-C++ if you don't have any money or are one of those GPL hardcore people. And it does have downloadable modules for OpenGL and etc. -I don't want to start a compiler war, I'm just saying, you have a lot of options.

there isnt a dreamweaver for c++ kinda thing

Yeah, that is true. But it wouldn't be that hard to start one -assuming one can agree on the level of complexity. E.g. check out Quexal That's a gui interface for SSE/SSE2 instructions for assembly. If you can do that for assembly, making some specialized GUI for C/C++ shouldn't be that hard.