xisto Community
sweet_princess

Saddam Hussein And Muslims What do you think?

Loads of people blame Muslims for whatever Saddam Hussein had done in the past. If you understand what I am trying to say then WHY should us Muslims be hated and alienated just because of him? I can't say he was bad because I don't know him and I was only little when he was all over the news but what I do know is that he made a statue of himself. Making a statue of yourself or even hanging up a portrait of yourself on your living-room wall is SHIRK, which means that it is one of the worst bad deeds anyone can ever commit in Islam. By the looks of it, even Saddam was a bit of a rebellion in Islam. I'm so sorry to hear that he caused a lot of trouble for the USA, but what about Iraq. Ok, I'm not an Iraqi, in fact I'm not even an Arab, but what I see on the news, the way the Iraqis suffering, it feels so painful. I can't help the way I feel because they're my Muslim brothers and sisers and just sitting there watching them suffer really hearts. Out of all this war there is not only one person to blame, there are milions yet. The only thing I am implying is to vote for a better president next time, perhaps a woman. Bill Clinton was a much better president and he was tremendously good at his job. And next time when you see a Muslim don't be so cruel to them, in fact some of them are delighted to hear he was executed, just like the rest of the world. Those are the Shias. I am not a Shia but I am a Sunni. But there is no way we could be happy because of his execution, the day they purposely chose was a time of celebration (Eid) and knowing that someone had been killed on that day is distressing.

Edited by sweet_princess (see edit history)

Totally understand, it's just peoples so ignorant these days that when one islamic person does wrong then everyone thinks all islamic people are like that, in case is Saddam Husein. Me, Happy of him dieing, but there was no reason to invade Iraw for the country was fine before us Americans invaded them. Anyway, now I support the troops and hope for best!

I'm not a muslim but I would like to add that there are some people who don't have anything against muslims (like me) and I think because of the people who do, muslims see non-muslims in a bad way and it just makes things worse. It's a vicious cycle and I think we should put a stop to it.

I totaly agree... I myself hate that stereotyping, and stereotype for Muslims says something like "they're just a bunch of terrorists..."... Well, that's bad...Sadly, I'm faced with that every day... I live in Serbia, that's mostly Orthodox Christian community, but there are others... We have a problem in Kosovo (which I must say, I'm gettig really sick of, but that's for another topic)... Who was the first to start the problem, I don't know... About 2 million Albanians want to separate Kosovo, and (probably) join the with Albaina, and them being Muslim, are being marked as a terrorist country..I myself am not a religious person, but I do respect all other religions, and other peoples beliefs, including the Muslims...What makes me want to beat someone to deathm is hearing speaking of all the Muslims as being terroists, and wanting to destroy Christianity, just because of a few people... I mean, use your brain! No one can affect ones oppinion, and we can't constantly watch over each others shoulders, and controll those few that are exceptions...I know how it looks being on the other side of that, being a Serb, and being labeled by the world, as a savage, fascist, schovinist, and god knows what else... Just because of a handfull of people, who were in power, and we couldn't do anything to remove them...That sucks... Each of us is an individual, and each of us is responsible for our own actions... No one, but us... And people shouldn't condemn an entire nation, or entire religion, based on one mans actions... That's just wrong, and plain stupid...

Stereo-typing is a definite no, especially when virtually all type of groups, religion, congregations and so forth has at least one outspoken member with "slightly" different views to the others, 'or the rest of the group'.

I also think people can be ignorant.I have anything against the Muslims but a bunch of people see them like enemy for I guess multiple reasons.I don't think we should get them all in the same package its not because one is like this that they are all the same.people just have the wrong impression of them.I also think its bad when people say they're just a bunch of terrorists.

Not every Muslim is a terrorist. Not every terrorist is a Muslim. It's pretty simple if one thinks about it for a few seconds :PI'm a Christian. Some people hear this and automatically assume that Jerry Falwell and other such people speak for me. They stereotype me based on what a few Christians do or say. Fortunately, I've met more than a few people who take the time to learn more about ME instead of making assumptions - and I've made some pretty good friends that way.

I am from Kosovo, and i would like to say that a lot of people have accused the albanians of being terrorists for defending their country and their families during the war.. the reason for that is that most of them are 90% muslims, which is a stupid opinion becaue we did nothing to hurt anyone except to defend ourselves.. And i think the biggest part of that war was because of religion. So i could hate all christians now and al Serbs, but not all of them are like Milosevic. anyways back tot he point, people need to think straight and not blame innocent people, because if you continue to blame innocent people than you are driving them away to becoming terrorists as well. The iraq war has just caused more enemies for western worls because it was a war that started with a lie and many many people see it as an excuse for america to divide muslims..thats the view many muslims have, mostyle the militants who are fighting..

I have two points that i wish somebody would explain them to me..
1) How come the president of Serbia was not tried for excecution for doing the same crimes as Saddam Hussein? and he was much worse because he did it in Bosnia and Kosovo against muslims. I find this interesting.

2) Why did Saddam Hussein have to be hanged in a muslim religious day? He deserved what he got, but i dont think it should have been on a holy day.

I totaly agree... I myself hate that stereotyping, and stereotype for Muslims says something like "they're just a bunch of terrorists..."... Well, that's bad...
Sadly, I'm faced with that every day... I live in Serbia, that's mostly Orthodox Christian community, but there are others... We have a problem in Kosovo (which I must say, I'm gettig really sick of, but that's for another topic)... Who was the first to start the problem, I don't know... About 2 million Albanians want to separate Kosovo, and (probably) join the with Albaina, and them being Muslim, are being marked as a terrorist country..

ITs a shame about stereotyping, although there are many people that sees beyond that. Especially when particular religious leaders and the loud ones are the ones that are presumed to speak for many of 'their' people, although some or most in the lot may not agree.

At the risk of voicing a different opinion I think that most of what has been said is utter rubbish. While yes it is true that some people may well think that a Muslim is a Muslim and that they're all terrorists - most don't! It is in fact the typical view of the Muslim hating westerner that is a stereotype, one which I feel is unfair. Yes a minority of muslims are terrorists, which has led an ever smaller minority of non-Muslims to come to the incorrect view that all Muslims are terrorists. Over 79% of the population of the UK now fall into a 'protected class' under the law - native whites not being one of them. This is clearly based on the stereotype that white people make racial attacks on others; but what happend when a muslim beats up a white man. Nothing.