xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Cool_Freaker

Since Cf Is Awol, I'll Cover For Him Board error.

Can anyone lend some aid? CoolFreaker hasn't been on for a while now, and neither has the boards.

I have no idea what this means:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'dagger'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/dagger/public_html/forums/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 71
Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/dagger/public_html/forums/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 74
ERROR: Cannot find database dagger_backup
Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/dagger/public_html/forums/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 107

mySQL query error: SELECT moderator.mid as is_mod, moderator.allow_warn, m.id, m.name, m.mgroup, m.password, m.email, m.restrict_post, m.view_sigs, m.view_avs, m.view_pop, m.view_img, m.auto_track,
m.mod_posts, m.language, m.skin, m.new_msg, m.show_popup, m.msg_total, m.time_offset, m.posts, m.joined, m.last_post,
m.last_visit, m.last_activity, m.dst_in_use, m.view_prefs, m.org_perm_id, m.temp_ban, m.sub_end, g.*
FROM trap17_ipbmembers m
LEFT JOIN trap17_ipbgroups g ON (g.g_id=m.mgroup)
LEFT JOIN trap17_ipbmoderators moderator ON (moderator.member_id=m.id OR moderator.group_id=m.mgroup )
WHERE m.id=25

mySQL error: Access denied for user 'dagger'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
mySQL error code:
Date: Wednesday 27th of December 2006 07:14:45 PM

HA! I was confused for a bit but I'm assuming this isn't CF but one of CF associate(s)?The error simply means that the database set for your board is no longer in existance--either deleted or changed to different name.If you have the access to your cPanel please see if the database is existing and modify it accordingly.Just in case, if you were running SMF which board version was it? SMF version before 1.1 were attacked by hackers before and can cause those database errors. If this is for phpBB see if you can find the possible answer in phpBB's forum--this is if your database still exists.

Uh huh. Yeah, This board stuff is way over my head. cPanel I assume refers to a control panel? Where is this control panel? And then, how does one restore a database?

EDIT: Alright, I'm in the CPanel, but seriously, this thing is more complicated than Windows 3.0. Looks vaguely like progman too...

Ok, I clicked on MySQL databases, because MySQL seems to be a recurring theme and you mentioned a database, but ah, can you point me to a quick MySQL guide so I can decode this thing?

Now, found something called Dagger_Backup, and there was a repair function next to it. Since it's broken, this button looked very nice indeed. Pressing it resulted in a lot of "OK's" and the following:

error : 5 when fixing tableerror : Can't copy datafile-header to tempfile, error 9

This anything important?
Edited by Cool_Freaker (see edit history)

Hi there, i noticed an important error in those errors:

Access denied for user 'dagger'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

This means that either the username "dagger" or "dagger@localhost" does not exist in the SQL username list. Or the password for this username is wrong.

The file trying to log in to the database is "/home/dagger/public_html/forums/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php" So if you could open that file (go into control panel and then into the "file manager" and then youll see lots of folders and files, find the one called "dagger" and click the little folder icon next to it, repeat this step for "public_html", "forums", "sources" and "Drivers" and then look for the file called "mySQL.php" and clock its name once, then in the top right youll see a list of actions, select EDIT.

Now youll see lots of code, dnt worry what it says, just click in the box where the code is and use your browsers find function to search for "mysql_connect" and when its found copy and paste that entire line. Also if you see any lines that look like:

$username = "dagger";or$host = "something";

copy and paste those here too. I think the problem is in the username/password (but for security you shouldnt post the password here) or with the server name the script is using. What i hope we can do is check the username is in the username list and that it is allowed to connect to the database and that the php code is looking in the right place for the databases.
Edited by shadowx (see edit history)

instead of doing all that go to your cpanel and then click onto mysql, then look for the forum db to see if it is there, if ir is then scroll down then select the user and then select the forum db name.Make sure Privileges are set to all then click on Granter Permissions and that should get the forum back online again.Of course from what I have been reading in theses posts almost sounds like all the information that is with this forum could be gone. In which you will have to start from scratch.

Which forum script are you referring to?I see one for phpbb and smf. See if your forum is pointing to the right database, i.e. dagger_php1 or dagger_smf1. Because database and user "dagger" does not exist. Maybe it was renamed?

It's a IPB forum he is using, unless he did a conversation then it would be SMF since I don't know of any phpbb mods that convert ipb to phpbb.

FROM trap17_ipbmembers m