xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shyam

School Blocks Out My Site.

Filtering of sites also happens at my school as well to combat this I either use a proxy or if my sites have been blocked I go home and come back the next day and they work.

Because I simply insert a tad more of php into my site and it makes the browser think my site is running of another ip, so its all good.

Can't remember the exact code at the moment but if you goto http://www.phpbuilder.com/ and scroll through the library their u may find it.

But on the other hand proxies are far easier especially for sites u dont own and are being blocked.

A good proxy list site is:

http://www.samair.ru/proxy/

regular updated proxies are available their

lucky.School Blocks Out My Site.

my school's blocking server autoblocks ANY website that hasn't been approved after the first person goes there, and autoblocks any images, flash, html, etc on any unapproved site. Searching on google for anything with "proxy" in the search is blocked. You have to search for them in a roundabout phrase, such as "bypass school blockers" or whatever.  luckily, sites like this aren't blocked. Oh, and my school got smart about email sites and ebay and such. You can go to the sites, but the login is blocked. Man.

oh, and recently, they blocked a partial gaming website that hasn't been blocked for 4 years. People have been playing games on it for longer than that, and they choose now, the end of the school year (the same time they decided to enforce dress code) to block the games on it. Oh, and guess what. They have been blocking and unblocking youtube, myspace, ICHC, etc. On and off continuously for the past 4 months with NO explanation whatsoever. Our ITC is insane. (Information Technologies Center)

-reply by RenoPZC

My old school use to block out lots of stuff, but I was the type of kid that had all the password he was not sopost to have because he would help the teachers lol.

Things to try are

proxy.org that has thousands of proxy's on it.
set up your own, they are easy to do.
Get a free shell and ssh tunnel bit harder on windows but if you are on a mac it only takes seconds to do.
use a program like gotomypc or a free vnc program and remote into your home computer and surf that way.
on sites like bungie.net gmail.com live.com, any of the big sites that run HTTPS you can usly use https://www.bungie.net/ and get throguh thatway.
Use the direct ip address of the site (if its not a shared hosting site).
Hack the pass through password for the fire wall (no recomended)

The state of Maine school system had griffball blocked once but after talking to there admins I got it un blocked, so talk to you admins and see if they will help. A nother funny note about this is that the state of maine dose not code there firewall that well so you can use server side scripting.

Example: Griffball

but then you can do some cool stuff with it to.

Example: Xisto.com

need any help getting around the firewalls in any of the ways I have mentioned except the hacking one, let me know.

hey shyam you can use proxies to bypass your school's firewall.I am sure that your school doesnt use a costly and the best firewal.But then also all the best

hey shyam you can use proxies to bypass your school's firewall.I am sure that your school doesnt use a costly and the best firewal.
But then also all the best

Not all proxies work all the time. As for as i have seen, there are lots of free proxies available online but none can do your job without converting them to premium.
So any more idea regarding this would be more helpful.