xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Hadi

My Website Has An Updating Problems

Isn't the sub domain provided by Xisto, with or without "www" should be identical? If you didn't get the point, for example of: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and hadiz.trap17.com should be the same isn't it? But on my computer I can't get the same results! The one with "www" is working properly, but the one without "www" is not being updated when I upload a new home page. I accessed my site from another computer and both sub domains are working properly which mean they have the same content. I tried everything: deleting temporary files clearing history, checked for viruses, I even asked a pro in adware removal to help me but he said it is not a virus or adware problem. So I thought if someone has already had an experience to help me out.

Edited by Hadi (see edit history)

You might want to check your url:

hadiz.trap7.com

should be hadiz.trap17.com

Other then that your site work without the www in it.

Is your browser caching one of the URLs, but not the other? Both of the addresses point to the same files and hosting, so they would update together. I have just visited both addresses and the sites appear identical to me.

Thank you Saint Michael, for the remark, I type very fast and rarely reread what I type, so I edited the link in the post, but that is not the problem. rvalkass, thank you also, but no, this isn't the problem, it is true that they are identical, but here on my PC they aren't identical, in fact from a couple of days ago, I placed at my homepage a sentence: Site under construction.But yesterday I changed this page into a one which has the word "Enter" in the center of it. So normally when I go to hadiz.trap17.com I should see the page who has the word "Enter" but in fact I am seeing the page which has "Site under construction", and that is not normal. So please if anyone has any suggestion no matter how simple it is, then I am ready to do it.

what is your browser? could be a browser caching issue. make sure that the temp files you are clearing are specifically for the browser that you are using. what i see when i go to your site is the page with the "ENTER" link which goes to your home subdirectory.

Well best way to go is delete your cache, browser history reupload the pages again and see if that works. Other then that I have no clue, but try this go to anonymouse.org (it's a proxy) and see if you can see your site that way.I highly doubt your ISP is blocking the site or you be getting a connection error.Hopefully thats Hadi.

Besides a brower caching issue it also could be your ISP caching the page. Normally, if you wait about an hour or two after the update, if it is the ISP then you will be able to see the changes. I learned of this when i was changing hosting properties for a restraunt whose website i manage and i could not see the changes take place but people in other places could.

I often experience the same problem. If i hit F5 or the refresh button the page loaded is not completely refreshed. I think the browser only reloads the obvious changes, that way it doesn't overwork.The solution that i use is to press Ctrl+F5. This gives you a completely refreshed page, reloading images and all.Hope this helps :lol:

I use Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox.
Just a small add: I made today a scan with Spy bot Search&Destroy, it found and entrie in the registry related to Internet Explorer and it was considered as a problem by this software, so I fixed that, and I was able to see both of my sites updated and identical again. But then to make sure that this problem is over, I uploaded a new home page, and they weren't identical, I found the old page which has Enter instead of a page that has nothing but a background, that I uploaded it from a minute ago :lol:
This problem is getting even worst and worst, the topics at Xisto, are also not being updated well, when I saw replies to my topic I was happy that someone may have found a solution, but in fact I wasn't able to see the new replies ^_^ , but when I did that scan, and deleted this malicious entrie from my computer's registry I was able to see the new replies. But again, as I said first in my topic that was a one-time update, so this could be my last topic for a while.
And the most unbelievable thing, is that I deleted the temporary files in many ways: I used a special program called ATF-cleaner, to delete all temporary files, then I tried manually, then with the browsers (firefox and i.e) but then nothing.
Where the h@#$ are these not updated pages exists?? I searched for everything related to the name of those sites, on my computer and deleted all of them. But still the pages are kept being published, they are in an unreal world. That's a very strange problem, but when I open those pages I see the loading bar, and the two network screens lighten up, that's only for a matter of seconds, so it is just like opening the pages online, but they always have the same content, could it be that my computer is downloading those pages from another computer? But I already asked a pro in adware removal, and he said "no, adware isn't the problem" But after finding this entrie that was considered as a problem as an adware, I started not believing that this guy is a pro.
Thanks in advance for reading my loong and booring post, but I really appreciate every word you post for helping me. This could be the last topic I post from this topic, and maybe the last one I post in a very long time.

Did someone realized I use the word "but" alot?!

--{Edit}--
Paulmason, you are a genius thank you so much, I owe you credits, as soon as I get them. I'll just see if that will be the best solution that I can find. Because this don't seems as a definitive solution, but again thank you. I'll repost in a couple of days, to tell you how is this working.
Edited by Hadi (see edit history)