xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Webber

The Little Things... What makes life all so special...

Hey.. ok, so I was thinking the other day, when life get's a little to confusing and theres just to much going on that usually the little things that make you smile actually keep you afloat. You see - you can wait around for the big things to come, and then go but if you wait around for them, you miss the other little bits of fun along the way. I find that it's the little things that you take the time to notice and appreciate that force a smile, or make you quietly laugh to yourself are the things that keep you happy at heart, and taking the time to enjoy them is important, because it means that you'll be taking life for what it really is... How about you guys? Do you agree? Is it the little things that make life so great? Write back plz. Sean.

Oh definitely. The little jokes and hugs and smiles and laughs keep me going. Twenty years from now, that's all I can see myself remembering. The achievements are overshadowed by the emotion of that time, and it's better that way. Who wants to dwell on a diploma when you can think of all the fun you had getting it? All the late night study groups with friends and fun? Even now, my life is so wrapped up in the little things that I tend to forget about the big picture...it's a bit of an impairment, but I'm enjoying it until it catches up with me :lol:

Just below my sig you will find my idea of the little things in life. As we rush through each day, we need to stop and smell the rose. Little things mean a lot. I could go on with all the cliche's I have heard over the years, but it all boils down to the little things in life are very important. :P Learning to appreciate them is something that comes with maturity and age. Don't go through life missing them and then look back to see how much you have missed. Edited by Mich (see edit history)

The little things in my life are:1. Waking up in relatively little pain.2. Having my kids wake up in a jolly mood.3. A good breakfast and a happy goodbye as everyone heads into their day.4. An easy, breezy day where you get stuff done and it doesn't beat you down in the process.5. A little, late afternoon nap.6. A GOOD, HEARTY dinner with the family actually TALKING.7. Activities like board games, arts n crafts, or cards after dinner.8. Maybe a bit of TV or a movie after all is said and done.9. Lastly, a nice, peaceful transition to sleepy time and if I'm really luck, seering hot sex to top off the day. LOL.Those are the little things in life that make ME happy anyway.

Yes it is kind of sad that in hustle bustle of our daily lives, we forget to appreciate the little things. Even little things like holding a door for a friend, offering to help someone carry a heavy load, offer your seat to someone on a train or bus. Think about the last time you did any of these things, assuming the person you did them for appreciated them, didn't it brighten your day as well as theirs? These are the little moments I treasure, when I have helped someone with something small like that and they respond will overwhelming appreciation. Most people don't expect these little niceties these days and when someone does them they are often pleasantly surprised. Try it and see what happens, I know it brightens up my day. :P

I definitely agree. It's those little things that makes life worthwile. Though sometimes, we tend to overlook it due to hectic day to day activities. We sometimes fail to just sit, relax and look back enjoy the simple blessings we have. We might think that achievements, money and success will make us happy but what we fail to see is that it's those little moments in life that we dont notice much are the ones that really matter the most.

A Lot of people says that life sucks... Well i don't aggree with that, life is the best thing u can ever do ;) Well... to me, my friends, and my girlfriend makes my life special, dunno why... But i can do alot of things with tem talk about everything and other.... Well when life really starts to suck you can always have a party... Party always cheers me up ;))) Hm... Well for those who thinks that life sucks... I tell you what, get a girlfriend, good friends and your life will be more bright ;)))

You are right, it is the little things. Life is great! And part of life being great is that the "little things" are different for everyone of us. Our unique life experiences make us react differently to the same situations; this is why everyone of us is so interesting. This is also why people watching is fun. Watch people and learn. This is a great topic!