xisto Community
BooZker

New York Times Says Vista Is A Copy Of Mac Os X This is a short video about how its NOT

Unfortunately that video didn't work for me, but really... I'm not surprised about the whole Ms copy Apple buisiness.But you know what really gets me, Microsoft won the patent for the ipod circular scroll wheel!!! I really don't know if they'll have the balls to follow it up, but cmon. That is Apple's thing and they must be quite annoyed over that.I'll wait a bit and get vista (maybe with a newer, desktop this time, PC) when it has been ironed out and perfected!

erm... check?

what! You say its not possible to iron out a computer with vista installed on it?If you bring me one I can iron it out for you :lol: *can't guarantee it will continue to work though!!**

1. Widgets2. iCal
3. iPhoto
4. Expose
5. Aero
6. Live Search or whatever

There are more. Its not the fact they took one or two, its they took the whole thing and made it just look different. I dont care. I dont even use Windows because i hate it and the lack of features, but i posted this topic just to show how funny and how much of a copy Vista is. I mean Apple made the glossy look and Linux made the workspaces and ect and Windows is just a compilation of those. Cant they think of anything is all i'm saying. What is new in Windows Vista that you wished was in OS X or Linux?

In regard to Aero, it hardly resembles OSX's aluminum look. Maybe a couple of transitions were borrowed and altered, but in reality, it's all a bit different. iPhoto is probably ten times better than Windows Photo Gallery, and iMovie/iDVD have got to so much closer to pro than Windows Movie Maker and Windows DVD whatever.

And as I said before, David Pogue is really dumb.

Whether it's a ripoff or not of Max OS X......I'm still a little wary of getting it. I've read about the problems it can cause and about all the different things that have occurred. I'm not really sure if I want to upgrade or not. Can anyone say it's been working well for them?I rememeber when it was coming out all of the news shows like CNN were saying to avoid it and that you could wait for a while. It's not like you needed it right away, but it would be better to wait until you did. It looked cool yea....but if it's got problems or is just annoying....I won't be using it. Not for a while anyway.How do you guys like it? (if you have it)

And as I said before, David Pogue is really dumb.

Yah he is, but you should be nice to him. That took a lot of his brain power to make that. :lol:

Well, I agree on the part by David Pogue. I also have to say that some things are just universal.

Although if you are creative you can come up with many ways to do things, only a few ways will

actually fit the demands of most people.

It would be like suing somebody for making a web browser toolbar and saying that the general

idea of additional toolbars was their idea or something like that. It would be crazy to do such a thing.

Copyrights, trademarks, and patents were created to protect work from being stolen. I'm pretty sure

that we all know that. However, not much is actually being "stolen". These things are just universal.

As we get more advanced, we might think that these thing are not universal, especially with something

like Aero and the funky GUIs. At the end of the day, most of those things are universal.

Now of Apple comes up with something brilliant ( again ), and Windows takes it without much change,

there has to be some complaints there. What Microsoft can do is get inspiration from Apple and make

a better version of Apple's product.

Also, Microsoft would never attempt to hurt Apple furiously like I saw described in an earlier post.

That would just decrease Microsoft's popularity dramatically. Microsoft doing that could have a worse

effect on Microsoft itself than Apple. When Apple gets revenge, Microsoft will be hurt even worse.

Because of the possibility of that happening, Microsoft has to strive to be as angelic as Apple, but Microsoft

is a position where everything that they do can be perceived as evil. Because of that position, Microsoft

is a sitting duck. Let me rephrase that. A rich sitting duck.

resemblence doesn't means copying. still vista is a system hugger it need overall system rebuild which increases cost. apple has always been the expensive one. so..doesn't matters for me what so ever.

This is a funny video that proves Windows did not just copy Mac OS X. It's by the New York Times and I actually didn't how much they were the same.
http://www.nytimes.com/

Check it out it's funny how much the resemple each other.

HAha, yeah I saw that one. It's hillarious. Take that windows users!

OMG M$ did rip them off ahahaha, Apple could so sue the hell out of them for this.

I doubt it. I dont think apple is too keen on sueing the company who's owner owns like 80% of apple's stock...

It's not a ripoff guys, can't you see the search botton on Vista is in the bottom left corner. DUH.

lol kubi

Didn't Apple come before out before Windows then Bill Gates tweaked the UI a bit then released it. For a long time Windows made it's own stuff and was original.

YES!!! Those bastards, stealing ideas from apple...

I think the verdict was similar to: Microsoft modified things JUST ENOUGH to get by.

No the thing was because apple didn't come up with the idea for the computer, xerox did, and gave it away for free to apple because they didn't think it was worth anything. Apple designed the brand new GUI while gates still only had text. Gates stole this, but the verdict was that it wasn't apple's product. I think they didn't know the differece between hardware and software back then >_> becasue apple got the computer from xerox but the os they coded themselves....
You guys really need to watch the movie "Pirates on silicon valley". Its a great movie about this whole thing.

Of course microsoft copied mac, I think like a year or even more before vista was released people were saying that the new windows will be a mac clone basically. The features are the same just a different name it is quite disappointing the fact that microsoft can't distinguish itself from another company.