xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Matrixdudej

666 -- Your Opinions?

im sure many people have heard the story but does anyone really bilieve that the devil/devils child will be born on 666 but also many people dont bielive in the devil i was just wondering if anyone had a opinion on this and also i have a question about this...how did the number 666 ever get associated with the devil???

Yeah get this. I have an uncle who is mad and this is date of birth in formatDD/MM/YYYY.13/6/66Beat that one. I think hes planning on thking over the world.

I am not quite sure of the origins of 666, other than supposedly they are for the devil and 777 is supposed to be for jesus or something, or god one of them.I don't believe in the devil and i don't believe in 666. Especially when it comes to dates. No one REALLY knows what date it is, i mean yes as of right now it is December 15th 2006 but thats only since like AD, and scientists only have an estimate of how old the earth is, and how old man kind is, theres no like actualy set date of what the real year/time is. You know? Plus humans created how to deal with time and how to measure it, so why would the devil follow (for those who believe in the devil) the time/calaneder we follow? I think its just a superstition just like friday the thirteenth and i've read that the number used to be like 616 or something like that but they misread it as 666. As for people who claim to be born on '666' i think you need to get over it. 13/6/66 is really June 6th 1966...the 19 and the thirteen just throws off the whole 666. People just want to be special.

Plus humans created how to deal with time and how to measure it,

indeed, months and time itself is a made up thing, obviously you can say that i typed this reply *before* you read it but the scales of time eg months, days, hours etc..are made up so the 6/6/6 date means nothing, it just means its 6 years, 6 months and 6 days since a random decided to start keeping track of time.

I also don't believe in the devil but even if i did it would hold no fear as i belive were all stronger than the devil...and essentially evil is a creation of humans to help contrast and "good" people....just my opinion!

lol yeh but if they keep saying it maybe they will be right one day, then they'll say "told you so" if the devil was so great he would pop out the floor and strike me down for constantly insulting him!

. . .[1]but does anyone really bilieve that the devil/devils child will be born on 666 . . . [2]how did the number 666 ever get associated with the devil???

[1]The devil was created before mankind was. There is no rebirth of him. And i don't remember hearing that he had a child; unless you consider his followers to be his "sons".

[2]Revelation 13:18

. . . Let those who have insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. That number is 666.

In My Opinion I think that 666 Also Know As the Anti-Christ number is just a man made thing. Its just a number nothing unusual Thats what I believe one the number 666 its just a plain old number

At last you have found me ........I am the DEVIL you are looking for........ lolAll this devils and there birthday are all bogus.

I believe it to the extent that the number is a hebrew number code for the name of a Roman who was especially nasty to Christians at that time. You can read about the theory here. It was initially thought to be Nero (Neron Caesar), but I guess that there is a timetable problem with that theory. I still think the general idea is correct.

On 06/06/2006 I had a hamburger. It was delicious.

hello,I know that all of you out there have your own ides on the devil and the number 666these are some of my views.Do you all believe in GOD.? if you do as i do then you got to believe that there is a devil. Just as there is good there is evil, just as a coin has two sides i do believe that there is a GOD and there is a DEVIL.But the interesting thing is that i dont believe in he devil as a person. it is just a means through which we do evil in the world. just as GOD is seen through the good deeds we do around the world.When you do good things like helping out the poor, helping the disabled to cross the roads etc you are doing good which counts into the good book.But every ones belief is their own they are free to think for them selfs.I have heard many versions of the devil.The devil is said to be once an angel who was thrown out from heaven due to the lust for power.As for the number 666 it can also be read as 999so what is the actual number of the devil. No one knows. But it is better that we do keep a belief that there is GOD and there is a DEVIL.That will help in our not doing the bad things we would.That will be all for now. Have some research to do in this topic.c u all soon.

I have seen the movie Omen 666, but I don't believe in the meaning of the number 666. Some say it is strongly related to the AntiChrist, but so is the number 13 for bad luck. No I don't think evil comes from 666 or bad luck from 13. I'm a science guy, not one who believes in superstitions...

most of signs are just that -- signs.Like Cross for Christians, holy Cow for Hindus, or Holy Oil for Bush. They are just things that someone bows to and that they worship.but all in all those are just signs of worship, and to those who don't believe in them they mean nothing.of course there are signs of terror and hope, but believing in either one is the same thing. Although i personaly rather believe in signs of hope!

Edited by matak (see edit history)