xisto Community
moldboy

Video Editing Music for anniversary video

I am looking for ome background mucis for an anniversary video. I really don't know too much about music so I thought I'd cast the net out there for anyone with ideas. I needs to be uplifting but not to modern, it's a 40th anniversary so the age of the people need to be considered.

40th anniversary! Wow! Congratulations!Let's see... 40 years ago would be 1946 and they probably got married when they were in 20's so I would suggest Jazz musics, especially by Rat Pack would be an ideal and nostalgic.Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin, although they are Rat Pack of the 60's, would have been the highlight of every home and street those good old days. Keep the music volume low and don't play the song from the beginning to the end. Sometimes fading in and out with the video's sound works great. Have a theme song that starts in the beginning, fade out and regain (repraise) at the end (if you're going to have credits rolling, it's great). For example, Sinatra's "The way you look tonight" starts the movie...with slideshow/short footages, and then fades out for regular video sound, then some other songs and then refade in to complete the beginning song with another picture slideshow or rolling credits. This is what is known as "metaphoric story telling" and is used a lot by independent film makers and many stand-up comedians--start with something, distract, lead into something else and then end with the first idea and complete it (completing the circle).