xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Matrixdudej

What Will Happen If Oil Ceases To Exist?

I think that if all of the oil ran out, people would become more resourceful and think of better ways to operate everyday things. The economy would be in better balance when the oil companies suffer just like other companies and maybe we'd try a little harder to conserve a bit instead of wasting so much. Without oil, the world could be a better place, or a place that no one should ever have to live in.

Ah, an optimist. That is good, especially if you believe in post-modernism, which I actually do to a point. (Post-modernism is the view that the world is what we think it is, so funny...but so true) Anyway, did you know that the Ford was originally made to run on vegetable oil? Actually car fuel and car bodies were both originally invisioned as hemp products. Did you know that hemp can make a car body stronger than steel, and that is what they originally meant to use for car bodies. The deisel engine was actually made for veggie oil! We have had this technology all along, but those money grubbing oil tycoons don't want to hear any of that, and unfortunately I don't know how they are going to act when they are forced to suffer like other companies. Other companies, if they had good leadership, would have started investing in renewables 30 yrs. ago. The oil tycoons didn't do that, so how will they react? Anyone here have a psycological opionion? Since these people hold so much power, money and weapons? Those oil tycoons are neck deep in war. I mean is it possible that they are at stage 4 of grieving...Anger?

There is no question that it will run out, as it is estimated that it will in approximately 30 years. I think the new main source of transportation fuel after oil runs out will either be solar energy or nuclear energy. Solar energy is good because it is safe and easy to use. Also, there is also a solar powered car but it costs a helluva lot of money :lol: Nuclear energy is good because it is extremely efficient and works well. The only problem with nuclear energy is it produces toxic waste and if unstable, could be very dangerous.

Basically, i think solar energy will be used after oil runs out.

What about water? If you haven't seen it you should see the new water technology on youtube.com.

World super powers will find it tough to surivive because they gain ther money and greed power through oil. Just sit back and relax, at least we wont be hearing the roaring of motor vehicles anymore. HELLO elecric!

If the world were to actually run out of oil, that's when the government would most likely decide it was time to put out one or so of the inventions that the back country geniuses have been paid off not to sell to anyone other than them. They want oil to be the main thing and stay that way right now, but if it was to run out, they would be able to make the choice of which invention is the next best. . .originally best just unknown to the world. . .substitute for the oil, thus having control over the situation; which companies get the plans and thus stay in business for adapting their various products they sell. Their lower copy-cats or even some rivals would either be put out of business because of this, or they'd be forced to make similar, yet different products, to stay going. The world is not going to go completely to h*ll in a hand-basket if we run out of oil. We have plenty of smart people out there coming up with different ways to run cars and keep houses warm and all. The issue will be switching everything out.

We start liquidifngy coal to produce synthetic fuels. This isn't new technology. The Germans did it in World War two after they lost their oil fields to the Red Army. Problem now is that it is extremely expensive to do this on a large scale. But once oil hits $75 a barrel, it suddenly becomes economical. That's why when you see oil starting to hit $70 mark, you start to see the middle east begin to get ancy. Also, we'll see more energy from wind that sunlight. Some people may have to get over their NIMBY attudies about seeing the mills sticking outo f the ocean off the coast. Already your seeing a lot of these facilities in Kansas and the other plain states. The Dakotas are perfect for wind energy and farmers make a nice profit for their 3 acres of land the towers take up. And they can still farm AROUND the towers. 3 Acres of Corn @ 140 bushels an acre and $3 a bushel = $1260 Typically farmers get $30,000 up front + yearly land lease payment and free electricity for their home/shop. Just with what they get up front, your talking about farming that land for almost a life time to earn that much. Let's face it, solar power isn't going to do you a lot of good if you live in Seattle. Now if you live in Arizona or New Mexico, different story. Also, electric cars still pollute. They just shift it from their tail pipe to a Power plant's smoke stack or a nuclear reactor. Now, when I look at a new car in another 5 years or so, I'll be looking for a flexfuel hybrid. (Let someone else work the bugs out of both technologies).

If this happens then we will just have to find another resoucre. Like corn oil or something. Also many people will have to buy new cars because most cars only run on gas. This will cause an epidemic to buy new cars, but somebody, i think, wll invetnmt something that will allow people to use different oils in a car that is made just for gas. Just my thought but I really think it wont be a problem. Maybe it will help the environment, because the oil refineries pollute the air and stuff and this will lessen the chance of pollustion of the pollution and people will hav e to go towars more fuel friendly vehicles!!!! YEAAAA

The real problem is if we haven't go an alternative method of transportation in place when oil does run out. Most of our food in Brittan has traveled at least 100 miles, and huge amounts of it come from overseas. The supermarkets aren't doing much to help either. Also I don't really think we have enough land to feed everyone on it. If we don't get something in place by then, the population will drop till we can support it. 50+ Million deaths. That of course is the worst case scenario.When oil does run out, and we don't have anything to replace it, the west will probably take a huge economic crash as our society is at present based around oil. If I were to vote for what to call this age, it would definitely be the oil age.Hopefully the government will have invested in alternative forms of fuel to be able to deal with the total lack of oil, but I don't hold out to much hope that it will happen any time soon. I don't think any methods we have developed yet are economically viable, and there is also the problem that polymers are oil based, and they are very much in daily use.

If this happens then we will just have to find another resoucre. Like corn oil or something. Also many people will have to buy new cars because most cars only run on gas. This will cause an epidemic to buy new cars, but somebody, i think, wll invetnmt something that will allow people to use different oils in a car that is made just for gas. Just my thought but I really think it wont be a problem. Maybe it will help the environment, because the oil refineries pollute the air and stuff and this will lessen the chance of pollustion of the pollution and people will hav e to go towars more fuel friendly vehicles!!!! YEAAAA

I don't think buying new vehicles would necessarily be as big a problem as some may think. You distribute the cars at high prices so only the rich will buy them first. And then you gradually make them less expensive so that the car dealerships aren't being bombarded with insane people needing those new cars. Gradually, you deminish the access to fuel so those left over have to buy the new cars. It would take time, of course, but it would be worth it to more than just the fact that we're loosing our fuel, but it would benifit us in the case of our climate changes.