xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shibo

How Make Shoping Cart Using Php

Unless you are really skilled with PHP, or have more than one person working with you, I wouldn't attempt to write a PHP shopping cart. I believe the Agora shopping cart is included somewhere in the cPanel. However here is what you would need to write and design.Make a database in mysql with all the items for sale, their prices, descriptions, and other stuff.Make a page that displays the items.Make a script that calculates price and delivers the order to you.Write a search engine specifically for seraching your MySQL database.Create a page for admins to change/add/remove itemsDebug it all and get all the modules to work perfectly :)You might also need a banner that displays the shopping cart of the user.A page that displays what the user is going to buy, or has already boughtA login system, and another mysql table for that dataAnd if you want to be really safe, use SSL.Hope this helps you.

from what I hear that is really difficult to do, I've been on a site where they said that had to pay someone to do it for them and they had to pay a big amount of oney simply because of the difficulty of it.

if you are asking how to build a shopping cart, then you are certainly and obviously not able to build one...start learning php (or another server-side language)- start with the basics ..then, if you like it and really want to learn, bit by bit you`ll achieve the level of php knowledge at which you can develop your own shopping cart.but enough with all this blabbering - just install a pre-made script (free or not :) )..

thank for replies...i have learned PHP (one of popular server-side language), but I looking for some of literatur or tutorial about it in *.pdf, *.doc,*.ps...tec, who can explain step by step to make it one, and can be downloaded.anyone can tell me where i can find it.U Will Never Know Till U Have Tried. :)

well i just happened to be curently working on a php shopping cart script for one of my projects, i am using mysql as database, sessions and paypal as mode of payment, the bulk of the script is finished but i have to start on the admin part of the script now, once finished i am willing to give the files to anyone interested here, you may contact me if you want

hey shibo, i think its great that youre trying to make some "real world script" i usually make pointless things just to test myself but atleast if you did make it, it would be usefull. The only thing (and its a big thing!) is security...midnitesun said he/she is making a shopping cart and using paypal to handle the payment and i would suggest that if you are going to make this script definately use paypal to handle all payment including credit card details etc... The reason being that a shopping cart system needs to e 99.9% secure (i find it hard to think that anything is 100% secure) because you would potentially have thousands of pounds (dollars/yen/etc..) of money floating about your site daily and that makes it a potential hit for hackers etc.. and if they gain access to credit card details you are in a lot of trouble. ghostrider spelled things out pretty well so if you wanted to make this script make all of those things listed there and you will have a backbone and from that you can make the paypal integration etc... What ghostrider listed shouldnt be too hard to create, just using SQL queries to pull data, sessions to store it and HTML to show it, using get and post variables to put the data into sessions etc.. But just be wary of security! I wouldnt want you having to pay out thousand of pounds etc because someone found a hole! It would be fine to store things like name, username etc... Possibly address if encrypted but i would make the user enter their credit card details every time rather than storing them in a DB because even encryption can be broken and a has (like md5 etc..) would be useless as its one way.Good luck and if you do make it then keep us posted, i might be tempted to follow in your footsteps :)

As everybody said, the first place is to learn PHP, and SQL, and I ain't kidding. :P The other thing that you have to learn is math, accounting, statistics, some of css and html, security and other related stuff that you need to make a good algorithm.Two years ago I try to make something similar, but, man, for a 14yo kid is very difficult to know this. At the year of study all of that stuff, I decide go with oscommerce and modify myself the php code.But, if you need something more professional, there are other carts that you can pay as x-cart, cre loaded, sunshop and other more.If you need to pick a cart for you, I recommend something that help you to know how much you are selling, how much is your inventory, and an easy way to upload data from excel or access to the site, in order to update fast your inventory.