xisto Community
michaelper22

About Honorary Titles What are they and who assigns them?

I took a look at my profile today, and noticed a small box (labled Additional Information) with a field called Honorary Title. although it's nice to see that I gained the title of Spam Patrol, who gave it to me, and who has control over the field?

Admins, I believe. If you want it removed, PM me and I'll see if I can delete it using my {EVIL} Mod power ranger devices.

Admins, I believe. If you want it removed, PM me and I'll see if I can delete it using my {EVIL} Mod power ranger devices.

No thanks, it's pretty OK the way it is. Who's idea was it to have that profile field? And why does any person who either mods here or repots posts have th title Spam patrol, while no other titles exist.

Seems to me that was arranged by 'Maine' as the leader or instigator of the Spam Patrol and Buffalohelp

For those members who are not moderators but are just as moderating our forum as moderators were given a special title from me.At first I felt it was a good idea to involve this forum as "community" rather than admins and mods then members. But like any given plan, over time it slowly fades away.I have issues Spam Patrol in the profile for those who had Spam Patrol signature. If you rather not have this signature, you can remove and PM me to remove your additional title as well. This additional profile title serves me when I need to search members with certain title, such as GFX Crew. Under member search, additional option field can search for specific "value", in addition to honorary title, I can search for members who have expired hosting token, cpanel username etc.

For those members who are not moderators but are just as moderating our forum as moderators were given a special title from me.
At first I felt it was a good idea to involve this forum as "community" rather than admins and mods then members. But like any given plan, over time it slowly fades away.

I have issues Spam Patrol in the profile for those who had Spam Patrol signature. If you rather not have this signature, you can remove and PM me to remove your additional title as well.

This additional profile title serves me when I need to search members with certain title, such as GFX Crew. Under member search, additional option field can search for specific "value", in addition to honorary title, I can search for members who have expired hosting token, cpanel username etc.

Thanks for the lowdown on this. About the search funtionality, i have looked at the advanced member search form, and I didn't notice anything for searching Honorary Titles. Maybe it's an admin thing, but my limited experience with IPB administration is giving me a feeling that there is no such option.

[Please merge with above post - bumping topic]

As I've recently seen, there is a bit more to the spam patrol than the title in profiles, most notably, the little badge in the user info panel next to posts. Just to fuel my curiosity, how was that figured in to the skin?

Hmmm. I merged as requested and that moved the posting off the 'Most recent replies' list...

Anyway, I think IPB has a db field for this. Not certain, but other softwares do have a user-defined field or two.

BuffaloHelp added the insignias, so I don't know if the Mod is his or from somewhere else. maybe we'll wait to hear from him on this. :P

Here is a view of the Communities > Members page with the "Toggle Link" in the top right of the page.

Posted Image

And here is the Drop-down Box to select the Members having that insignia.

Posted Image