xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
psychiccyberfreak

Free Html Editor can you please find one?

If you have Windows you can use Notepad as an html editor, but with Notepad you need to wirte your html codes if you don't know html I recomend you to start with Front Page or Macromedia Dreamweaver.

If you have Windows you can use Notepad as an html editor, but with Notepad you need to wirte your html codes if you don't know html I recomend you to start with Front Page or Macromedia Dreamweaver.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol I still find this very funny all so called hardcore coders tell other people the notepad is the thing to use for webdesigne and coding.... I duno why but this is making me laugh.

If you want a nice free html editor you could look into tsw which has Syntax Highlighting, tabcontrol, css and js support, tag completion (if you want) and more.

If you have Microsoft Office then why not use Front Page? It is a very good program with many advnced features. It is good for both html and non-html knowing users. It writes the code for you you can just use the normal view which looks just like word and modify it. The program makes the html code for you.

a free html edior is... wordpad. As well my school uses dreamweaver and i think it basiclly puts in the actual coding for you so you can do your work faster (kinda like VB6), but you dont really learn the actual coding. You can download the trial for it at http://download.cnet.com/windows/..... and use that and purchase it (or get a crack). for a little practice find a index.html and just open and edit in wordpad and upload through your ftp, see what kind of changes you can make by yourself (just little practice)

So you want free html editor first the simple free html editor is notepad which is installed in win allready.The second is micormedia dream weaver which can u get it from any cd of micromedia or download a trial from http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ third one is frontpage which can u get from any microsoft office cd.And the last one is cofee cup html editor is nice and easy to use you can get it from http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ :(

I agree with some people here :( Notepad is the ultimate free html editor :) But, I use UltraEdit, for html, php, and most of my coding. It's great!

Notepad is for writing notes. If you wanna have good and free HTML editor but also some other scripts then use TSW Editor which can be downloaded on TSW as Pbrugge has mentioned already. Dreamweaver is nice though, but it is payable.

Glad to see no-one's mentioned Arachnophilia, available at http://arachnoid.com/arachnophilia/ ...When I first learned HTML in college, we did it in NotePad...the teacher told us that Dreamweaver (which was just coming out at that time) was the way forward. However, I strongly suggest you steer clear of Dreamweaver MX, they've gone TOO far with it and Dreamweaver 4 is much better. Downside to DW 4 is it can't handle inline frames (won't display them) and doesn't seem to like tables within tables...

...Arachnophilia was my FIRST HTML coding program (aside from NotePad of course, which I still use on occasion although it can't open pages over a certain size) and if you really are a notepad nut I suggest you download an updated version which can handle larger files :-)

I know free some editors for linux, maybe there are win versions,

the most simple are

nvu and mozilla composer

for experts

Blue Fishand Quanta

:( NotePad Is free Html EditorBut I Think Free Html editor is not good for making web site and htmldosenot have good options for edit htmlIf You want edit html for learn i tell you download fornpage or buy microsoft OfficeIf You dont Like Options And You Know Html codeYou can make Your site with notepad or wordor many text softwareJust you must Save your file in html formatFor example Sample.htmlOrSample.htmhtml or htm is web site file format