xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
garbage

King Tut's Ct Scan Results

Wow I was looking on the yahoo main page and came across the news bulletin they had.. I was amazed to hear that they performed a CT Scan on King Tut's Mummy remains.And of course they claimed it to be the oldest cold case file.. Which I thought was pretty cool.. Has any one else read on it.

Yeah I read too, well the only reason it was a cold case was the fact they had no clue how he died. The popular choices were poison, beaten to death or some rare disease.Who would have though he died from a leg wound.

I heard about this a while back... can't remember where but it was quite interesting. Now, the question is: how did he obtain the leg wound. :) I also read some time ago that Cleopatra is thought to have been murdered rather than have committed suicide. :) I can't remember now who it was they said may have done it but it was kind of interesting. :rolleyes:Note to self: request cremation upon death. Do not let mad scientists, or freaky space aliens, dig you up. :rolleyes:

Edited by Erin (see edit history)

So I guess their medical technology and that brain draining from the nose wasnt that good, since they couldnt save their king from a leg wound. Well, what kind of leg wound was it? was it too big or something?

I didn't see this. I wonder if they will find out who or what made it.And why would somone attack a king?And how many peices of flesh still remain on his body. Unless it damaged a bone it must of been hard to find out he died from it.Also....Why did we decide to preform a scan on him now..

Here's what I got from the articles I've read:The reason they did a scan after all these years, from what I got from the article, is that it's kind of a "now or never" thing since King Tut's remains are in bad shape (I think they called it "the last stages of preservation"). It also said that the damage to his skull - which they had thought were signs of foul-play - may have been from when his gold mask was pried off 84 years ago, when they first found his tomb.And, according to them, the wound to his leg (a fracture to his thigh) possibly gave him a fatal infection (or even an enbolism(?)), which caused his death. They said the wound was unhealed when he died, since embalming fluid got into the wound.Though they say they will never know for sure what really caused his death because skin tissues, etc change with mummification. But, since the fracture was so bad, it most-likely was an infection.That's what I can remember from the articles... I might have messed up on some of it or didn't understand it right. They used big words and stuff so I gets confoozed :) :rolleyes:And anyway, I think they need to leave these mummys alone. Have some frickin' respect for the dead people, ya know? And with all the freaky stuff that happens when they discover these things, or try to sniff around them like with King Tut (the scanner went off with him, plus someone got sick, etc), I'd say THEY don't want to be messed with. :) Leave the corpses alone, please! Thanks :rolleyes:

Actually Cleopatra was murdered, she was killed by the poison from an Asp bite, now I can't remember if the asp came itself or was placed there. Where did you here about committing suicide Erin?

I've read that 2 asps were brought to her - at her own request - in a water jug and she then had them bite her arm. I've also heard at some point that she had 1 brought to her in a basket of figs and then had it bite her breast, though I think the water jug/2 asps/arm scenario is the correct version. You can read about it on her Wikipedia page or by doing a search for Cleopatra. :)

So it was suicide interesting, I always thought the men who served didn't like her and the fact she was ruling over them. Found it interesting that Rome had something to do with her death. Learn something new everyday I guess :).

I just think that King Tutankhamun might just of died in an accident, that maybe was CAUSED by foul play. Maybe it was an accident. From all the History Videos I've watched, they did do A CT scan, but it was just a broken leg, no other "bruises" or "marks" that suggest foul play. But who knows? Get me a Time Machine :)

I just think that King Tutankhamun might just of died in an accident, that maybe was CAUSED by foul play. Maybe it was an accident. From all the History Videos I've watched, they did do A CT scan, but it was just a broken leg, no other "bruises" or "marks" that suggest foul play. But who knows? Get me a Time Machine :)

1. The scientific team who conducted the research, was consisted of radiologists, pathologists, and anatomists under the oversight of the Dean of Medicine at Cairo University. It included three international experts, two from Italy and one from Switzerland. They were permitted to review over 17,000 images.

2. On 8 March, 2005, Cairo announced that the Egyptian team has finished their examination of a non-invasive CT scan of Tutankhamun?s mummy and the General of the Supreme Council of Antiquities, states that there is no evidence that the young king was murdered.

3. The scientific team confirmed that King Tut died at about the age of 19 for the following reasons:

a. The fusion of the epiphyseal plates (the parts of the bone that is responsible for growth until a certain age) matches the development of a young man of 18 or more, and 20 or less.

b. All of the cranial sutures are still at least partly open.

c. The wisdom teeth are not completely erupted.

4. In answer to theories that Tutankhamun was murdered, the team found no evidence for a blow to the back of the head, and no other indication of foul play.`

5. Some team members interpret a fracture in the left thighbone as evidence for the possibility that Tutankhamun broke his leg badly just before he died. There is no obvious evidence for healing and the associated skin wound would still have been open which suggest that this fracture would have had to occur a short time, days at the most, before death.

6. My theory is that this was result of accident happened in speady vechicles by an teenager as it is happenining in our modern days of grazy speady cars by teenager.

7. You can find more details about the scan, previous scan and Tutfacial reconstruction at:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Well they do mention that the fact he had an open head wound lead to the assumption that he took a blow to the head. Then of course concluded that the mummification process did that to his skull.However regardless what the evidence shows who knows what really happen, all they know they he died as a teenager. We could only assume that a leg wound and head wound had something to do with it. For all we know he could have just had a straight up heart attack.remember they do remove the organs, so If they did survive or at least a small part of those organs survive (which I highly doubt) then maybe they could show a bit more how he died.