xisto Community
rldowling03

Looking For New Phone I need an opinion to get a new mobile

Ok so christmas is coming up and was thinking about getting a new mobile phone. Because my Sony Ericsson T610 is getting really old now and is breaking down and not working as well which i knew would happen so i wap looking to get your opinion on a cheap phone to get with some of the following features. The cheaper the phone the better but i wanna keep my budget down to around about i'd say 300 dollars and i'm in Australia by the way.Ok i'd like a phone with 3g so i can use 3g internet and make video calls but i don't wanna get a 3 phone as they are locked to the network for goo. I'd like a mobile with a video camera and at least a 1 megapixel camera with ability to support mp3, bluetooth and the ability to add more memory through memory stick or flash card. I was thinking about getting a Nokia N73 because it has all that and more but costs over 1 thousand dollars so any idea

Even though I'm a lover of nokia phones, even I persuaded myself that Sony-Ericsson now rules the game...Their mobile phones, have an unparalleled power for music if you're thinking of buying a music mobile phone...For example, the Sony Ericsson W900i is a 3g phone, has 470 mb of internal memory and the ability to expand it through a memory stick duo, has a megabass option for better music (it's just a good equaliser, that is), has 256 (or 262k, I don't remember) colours, has a camera of 2 megapixels with an autofocus option, usb, bluetooth, infrared, and when it makes a connection to the pc, it's flexible and SOOOOOOO easy-to-use-and-share (it appears as a mass storage device)...On the downside, it costs much and weights a bit more than usually...If you don't like this phone particularly, I urge you to see the other phones of the W series....See ya man

JohnSmith you are definitely right, Sony Ericssons mobiles are the best in the world. I recommand the W810i phone, it is nice and has all the features you need (I think), I already tried the N73, it isn't that good, it is almost the same as the N70. But I definitely recommand the W810i.

I think what you are looking for at the moment wouldn't be too easy to find in the current market. 1 mega pixel camera + 3g is almost impossible to get. But I think you could try what the other members have suggested to you, the w810i is a decent phone, a 2 mega pixel camera with 3G capabilities and a good music player. Thats what the Sony Ericsson W Series are supposed to provide, an amazing music experience. However if you want good pictures and slightly above average music quality, you could get the phone I am currently using; K800i. Of course all these would have to mean breaking the bank. I bought my K800i with a contract at a price of SGD 438. 1 SGD = 0.8 AUS, so you can do the maths yourself. It is nearly impossible to get a 3G phone which will cost 100 AUS unless of course you are considering Nokia 6280, but there are so many complaints and problems with their firmware, so i would not suggest it.

I myself have been using A sony ericsson for over 2 years now and I think i am very familiar with their menu designa and I actually prefer Sony Ericsson to all other mobiles as motorola's and nokia's havent been good to me over the past few years as they havent lasted long on average, only about 6 months tops, but i guess i bring that upon myself with the way I treat my phones as I drop them quite a bit, not on purpose, on accident

Ok well I'm made a decision, either I'm going to get a LG M6100 or a Nokia 6101. Both are on a different network to the one I want it to be on, but I guess i'll just pay for it to be unlocked.. I can't decide between these 2. They both have what I want, and they are the only 2 phones which are in my price range.

-----

LG M6100

Posted Image

It has great screen colours, a 1.3 megapixel camera with gprs only but it can take videos and play MP3 and the best bit that I really like about this phone is that it actually has 128mb of built in memory which is great. It also has an xHTML browser and WAP 2.0. All for $150 AUS dollars.

-----

Nokia 6101

Posted Image

It doesn't have the same screen colours as the M6100 because it only has 65k and onlt has like 4mb inbuilt memory. The camera isn't as good, not even a megapixel and it has video capabilities too. it has Wap and xHTML too. One thing I do like about this phone is that it has not only GPRS but also HSCSD and Edge which the other doesn't

Well im really stuck on what to get, any opinions you might have please post becuase i will most likely have this phone for a few years!!!

Edited by rldowling03 (see edit history)

Whatever you do make sure you chose a phone that has an excellent review, not just the review from the manufacturer but the reviews from the phone users themselves. Do this to make sure your future phone doesn't have a major bug in it like my phone. The bugs are normally found a long time after the phones have been released so one has to rely on the users.

M6100 for only A$150?!?!WHERE DO YOU GET THAT?! Are you sure it's in Australia?I bought an E398 last year, and it has taught me not to buy Motorola phones. Since then I've been tossing up between Nokia and Sony Ericsson for my next phone. Something tells me Nokia is more reliable and has better reception than Sony Ericsson, probably due to the fact that on the same Vodafone network, a Sony Ericsson T610 has more drop-outs than a Nokia 3315.When I get a new phone probably next year, I'm thinking of a Nokia N95. It has all the features I want, PLUS is is slightly more reliable than a Sony Ericsson. It's even got a built in GPS and 5mp camera!And by next year, it should have gone down to about A$400. I used to REALLY like the Sony Ericsson K750i, but now, I don't really like the styling of Sony Ericsson phones, and it seems that Nokia has all the features I want, PLUS the reliability I need.

Helloo. Not so long ago I were searching something on few forums and have asked to give me the link if it will be avaible!I tried to find and have found only at so few places!. I just wanted to live my URL here. We have a newbie shop(Apple.com ) in the internet for meds.

Thanks a lot for your very nice site. Here is the best forum i`v ever seen :P

Apple.com

I would recommend the Moto A780. I have been using it for about a year,. It is quite cheap too .. The Moto A780 a.k.a The Moto Whiz is a touchscreen phone. It has a Linux OS . It has GPS capabilities. It also comes with a 1.3 Megapixel Camera . The physical strength of this phone ,is something really amazing. I have dropped it down, at least ten to twenty times, on pretty nasty and rough surfaces. Though , it suffered minor scratches, the flip is as strong as ever. If you are thinking about a flip phone, i strongly suggest you to take home, a Motorola device. Nokia flip phones, are not worth it i guess. I have seen many nokia flip phones, having their flips ,distorted ,pretty soon. Though, the user's handling contributes to it major, i guess, the brand does make a difference . Good Luck choosing your phone !!!

I highly recommend the Hiptop 3 from Telstra!

I have the U.S. rendition, the T-Mobile Sidekick 3, and to tell you the truth, it might not look serious to you but in my opinion there's no better device.

Check out more info here:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Or here:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I've been posting in a couple topics around the mobile subforums here at Xisto about the Hiptop, but what can I say; I'm a Hiptop enthusiast.