xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
semeticsister

Harry Potter, Best Book Ever!

I can't really concentrate on the Harry Potter movies. As with most films that are adapted from novels, the Harry Potter movies don't do the books justice. They can't - you only get so many minutes of film and, oh yeah, the CGI/special effects budget can only be so big :PThe books, on the other hand, are great. I won't go so far as to say that they're the BEST novels ever written - but that's a matter of opinion.I've already pre-ordered book seven. The thing will show up a couple of days after the street date at the very latest. Maybe on the street date if Amazon is on the ball. Oh, sure, I could go to the bookstore and grab a copy at 12:01 a.m. on the street date, but I'm not THAT dedicated. Heh.

The movies leave a lot out. If you wan't the full story, you should read the books. Will be fun watching the fifth movie and it will be great reading the last book, but in the same time it will be really sad when the book ends as it is the last book. I wish there could be more books, but if J.K extends the end I think it will be like a show like LOST which they extend and make it boring.

Hm... the books are good, but Eragon and Eldest are FAR BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THESE BOOKS!!!!!!!!!

Hm... the books are good, but Eragon and Eldest are FAR BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THESE BOOKS!!!!!!!!!

ive heard allot about those two books"eragon and eldest" i heard that they are really good, but i never was interrested in them for some reason, many of my friends have told me to read them but i always say no...its all about dragons and such, right?

Eragon and Eldest are pretty good books, but I don't think they are as good as Harry Potter. The Eragon movie was okay, but I really suggest that you read the book before seeing the movie (this goes for anyone who is thinking about seeing the movies). I just think the movie cuts so many important key elements from the novel that take away from the whole plot, but I still thought the movie was good. As for Harry Potter, I think this series got me to start reading a lot. I never use to read many books prior to reading the Sorceror's Stone, but I don't think I would have read the book without seeing the movie first and getting hooked on it. I am absolutely dieing for the last book in the series to come out. I personally believe that Dumbledore is still alive, despite JK Rowling's assertions that he is truly dead. What if he has the properties of a phoenix? We are not sure that he does not have this magical ability. Not to mention, what was up with Snape's Avada Kedavra curse? Is it not true that, when cast, the Avada Kedavra curse kills the victim instantly and not levitate the person in the air? Why did Dumbledore happen to levitate? Odd, if you ask me....

Harry potter is a really good series but I wouldn't say that it's my very favorite. I like all the action-packed stuff like Harry having to watch his back 24/7, but I've read better books, no offence to hard-core Harry Potter fans.

Mine best book ever is the Harry Potter. I have all its series in my book rack, I read all of that and now I am waiting for the latest edition of the Harry Potter. I go through all the Harry Potter series and read it twice and thrice. Its a wonder full and amazing to read this books. its not only fill us with action but also makes our mind full of joy. Each time we have a new story to read. Although its a famous book among the children but it also soon to become famous among the elder ones too. They also interested to purchase and to read the Harry Potter books. As a well wisher of Harry Potter I hoped he will live long and defeat all his enemy, as I heared that he will died in the eight series of the Harry Potter.The popularity of the book is so much that is now to published in different different languages in different different countries. This book has established his own great market in the world and make the writer a millioner.Although it is a great book to read. :unsure:

Harry Potter is too long, it starts to be boring already, if it was a little shorter or there will be different setting, not the Hogwarts all the time it would be more interesting, I guess.

Harry Potter is too long, it starts to be boring already, if it was a little shorter or there will be different setting, not the Hogwarts all the time it would be more
interesting, I guess.

Well I do agree that it is way to long. The author (J.K. Rowling goes into way to much detail which makes the book enormous and makes it way 30 pounds!!!! It would be more prefferable if it were shorter. But the setting, Hogwarts, seems pretty cool. I like the magic packed school. It also has a huge and long history, some bad and some good. I think Hogwarts makes a pefect setting.

I wouldn't say harry potter books are the best books ever, just the best ones that I've read so far. (: They're filled with action, and things that are so different than books that I've read. It makes them unique? More interesting to read then books that are similar to each other in plot and such. But the harry potter books do have some sort of plot in it that repeats itself, like voldemort coming back and such. d: But then, that is the point of the book, kind of. Harry vs Voldemort, right? Correct me if I'm wrong. XD

I can't wait for book 7 (at Slovakia it will be at september), yet at the same time I don't want it to end. I usually read through a book in a few days, but I guess I'll have to pace myself on this one to make it last.I'm really hoping that JK Rowling doesn't kill Harry... but I suspect that if Voldemort is to die, than Harry does too. Although, does that put an end to the good vs evil struggle, once and for all.I'm going to re-read book 6 this week to refresh my memory with the details of that book. Because I'm not reading any spoilers please don't tell me what will happen :P