xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
runeco

Smtp Server Is Not Working...? I think there is a prob. with my SMTP server

I am posting this because I believe there is a problem with my SMTP server (at Xisto.com). I have been trying to send mail with PHP using the mail() function. Although PHP did not return any errors, none of the mail was actually sent... I have enclosed a copy of 2 different codes I have tried to use. Either I'm making a mistake with these codes or there js a problem with my SMTP server. If there is a mistake with my code, please tell me what is wrong. Otherwise, maybean admin can look at my SMTP server configuraton to make sure it works.

CODE 1

$email_to = "myemail@gmail.com"; //SEND MAIL TO HERE$subject = "Testing SMTP Server";$message = "This a test of the SMTP server on Xisto.com.";mail($email_to, $subject, $message, 'From: ' . "runeco@runexchange.trap17.com" . "\r\n")

CODE 2
$to = "myemail@gmail.com";$subject = "Testing SMTP Server";$message = "This a test of the SMTP server on Xisto.com.";$headers  = 'MIME-Version: 1.0' . "\r\n";$headers .= 'Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1' . "\r\n";$headers .= 'From: Runeco <runeco@runexchange.trap17.com>';mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);

Note To Admins: My Username is runeco and my subdomain is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
Edited by runeco (see edit history)

Have you checked your BULK or SPAM folder? If you are using AOL, YAHOO, MSN, HOTMAIL or GMAIL emails sent from Xisto mail server will land in your bulk or spam folder initially.PLEASE PLEASE be sure to check *NOT SPAM* and move it to your inbox folder.If none exists in your bulk or spam folder, post it here further and we can isolate the next issue you might have.

I thought that may have been the case, but when I checked my Spam Folder in Gmail it was not there. I have also tried to send it to a Lycos Mail account with the same problem. The code that I showed in the first post is being used in a PHP document after someone has signed up, it is then to send a confirmation e-mail to the account that they registered. I have not set any sort of e-mail account in my Xisto.com subdomain...will this disallow me from using the SMTP? Maybe somebody could post a step-by-step procedure on how to make a PHP code send an e-mail to someone's e-mail address using PHP and the Xisto.com SMTP server. Another thing could be that there may be something wrong the SMTP configuration on my account. I would appreciate any help on the matter, Thank You.

runeco, are you meaning for this mail feature to be included in like a member's area script? or just a normal script that would make something like i have on my site

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ that when the user clicks submit, it automatically gets e-mailed to you or whatever e-mail address you put in a part of the scrip

If ^^ that is what you are looking for then i can post the code here.

Edited by Albus Dumbledore (see edit history)