xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
crazyteens

Site Registration

i think i hav found really good name for my site...so i wanna start few things like registrating my sites name.can we get free registration or patent or like something to makegood use of my site's name...well i am new at this point plz advise me

do you mean to get your own domain , if you dont know what a domain it is the name you use to access your site through internet ,like yoursitename.com , so if you want a domain it is not free and you will have to pay for it, you may use Xisto hosting services to register your domain and then host it , if you are looking to have it done for free then you will have to do with a sub domain , that means the original hosting provider will add their name to your sitename too , like for example in Xisto free hosted sites all sitenames will have something like yousite.trap17.com, but it is very much worth to get hosted for free here in Xisto for numerous reasons, the first and most obvious reason is they dont place any advertisements on your site which you will find annoying.so it largely depends on what you want , hope i may have helped you in someway , if it is not what you are looking for you can always post back with more details

midnitesun has explained that pretty well but i must ask, do you have your website hosted on the internet yet? if not then you first need to find a host, Xisto is a great host, im hosted here and its fantastic so if you need a host i reccomend this one. If not then go by what midnitesun said, do a google search for domain name services, Xisto might have this service avaliable but im not sure.

Whatever you choice is, you can go for Xisto, either free hosting, or Xisto - Web Hosting professional, payed hosting... As soon as I find a way to pay for Xisto - Web Hosting (I don't have a credit card that is accepted outside my crappy country :rolleyes: ) I'm gonna switch to paid hosting, and remain active here on forums... Xisto rules :)