Sign in to follow this  
Phi

What Is....bandwidth? pls help lol

Yes, but the limit goes up if you have a bigger package:

Package 1: 500 mb b/w

Package 2: 5000 mb b/w

500 mb is about 1/2 gb.

5000 mb is about 5 gb.

That means users can open 5000 mb of your files per day if you have package 2.

For more information on packages click here

Well you have lot of bandwidhts, you can have frequency bandwidth, or in computer data band. Well it can be meausred in hertz (Hz), bits (:P or bytes. Xisto accounts have limited bandwidth, which means if you exceed this limit your page is cutoff for some time (next month). So it means that some part of data is transfered from server to your computer e.g. bandwidth -->a data transmission rate; the maximum amount of information (bits/second) that can be transmitted along a channel.

Bandwidth is the trafic of MB or KB's that ur visitors waste when donwloading stuff from your site... images, files etc... stuff like that i think this is the most understandable explanation... :P

yes its a noob question...but im a noob :blink: what is bandwidth? ive just got acess to my CPanel with the "package 1 offer" and my bandwidth is running out pretty fast....what happens when it runs out? is there a way to free up bandwidth space? is there a way to get more? does it go up and down or is it a non-renewable thing? how does it get used up? pls help!

Notice from jlhaslip:
Special feature for newbies with questions: SEARCH, found at the top of every page.Merged with previous Topic.

Ummm.... well, i dont know it exactly but as far as i know bandwidth is the amount of data you transfer by your web server, in other words... Traffic. For example... when someone downloads something from your website, you are using certain quantity of bandwidth.Your bandwidth may be running out so fast if your site gets so many visitors per day. Or maybe you are hosting signatures that you are using in other popular forums.I've never ran out of bandwidth in any web host but i've heard that if your bandwidth reaches to its max, your site will be unavailable until your bandwidth renews.Your bandwidth renews at every certain of period (i dont know exactly how long, i think is a month) and after that your bandwidth starts increasing again until next period.Thats all i know... hope it helps you.

It's pretty much data-transfer, yes, a measure of how much data has been transmitted back and forth from your website. If more people visit, your bandwidth is going to go higher; if no one visits, your bandwidth will be at 0. Because you have the basic package, you only have 500 MB - 1/10th of the next plan up. If you keep running out, maybe you should upgrade plans. It only takes a few credits!