xisto Community
brandon10092

Reinstate The Draft? Some crazy Democrat is proposing for about the 3rd or 4th time to rein

Rep. Charles Rangel wants to reinstate the Draft. For what? So every teenager turning adult can go over to Iraq and get their heads blown off? I support the war myself, but I think that making tens of thousands of new adults go over to Iraq is completely against our Constitution in every way. It violates our rights to freedom, and could probably do some damage to our economy if nobody was able to go to college (remember that the draft proposed would include men AND women ages 18-42.) If nobody went to college, what do you think would happen? Most jobs would be in extreme demand, with hardly any people to fill them and there would be a shortage on workers since a lot of jobs require certain education. Signing up for any military position is based on one's personal choice and shouldn't be forced upon ANYBODY. What do you guys think? Would you want the Draft reinstated?

Here's the news link: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I just read about this in Google News. I don't think the draft should be reinstated, I like staying in the USA and not in some middle eastern country. I turn eighteen in about 1 and a half years and my goal is to go to a great university, not fight for a war I really don't believe in anymore. Its almost turning into the Vietnam war, we're not making any real progress, our men are just dying.

I heard about that last night and earlier today. I don't really know about the idea personally, I don't think they should do it though. Our army does fine with the people that want to serve. If it comes to the point where they need more people for the army, well ok have a draft but only if it's desperate or meets certain standards. We should fight for our country but I don't think it should be forced by a drawing.

Reinstating the draft is really a VERY bad idea, that is the last straw that'd take me to finally agree with people in saying it's like a second vietnam...We should be trying to start pulling out, not trying to get more people in... I'm sorry but I'm all for supporting the military and this country, but not because a law told me so...

I don't. Are teens need to do marketing and other things for the US. I am aganist (A little) the war. Because BUSH says we will come out but we don't. Why can't we let them kill themselfs? I would be ok if he say we stay there and he dosn't LIE. But he does. And are troops don't need more. All were doing is stoping another country from killing themselfs. Its not our buisness.

The last time we had a draft, thousands of people migrated to Canada to avoid it. The last time we had a draft, 58,000 people died over all in Vietnam. Anyone with sense would realize that the more manpower we put into Iraq, fighting this idiotic war, the more lives will be lost. We're not doing any good there anymore. We're tripping into mines, getting shot down by snipers, causing more violence than we had intention of preventing. Besides that, drafts are logistical nightmares. If you're not going to get any more soldiers than are already serving (and this isn't even a real war the way World War II was; we're not fighting assembled armies. We're fighting men hiding behind walls, men who know we're coming), don't try. For god's sake, someone get the army out of Iraq before this goes on another year.

Rangel is not proposing a draft because we need a draft. Hes proposing a draft because he wants a draft. I think its part of an effort to undermine our war efforts.

We have plenty of troops that are all volunteer. And they are doing an outstanding job considering how the democrats are doing eveyrthing in their power to hamstring them. We have to virtually fight the ememy with one hand tied behind our backs now. And we have made more progress, in faster time in Iraq than in any other war we have ever been in. But you wont hear about it because the media is against it. They would love for peep to beleive its another vietnam when its not. Because then they can manipulate our opinions just like they manipulated public opinion against vietnam.

What Senator John Glenn Said

November 08, 2006

Things that make you think a little:

There were 39 combat related killings in Iraq in January.

In the fair city of Detroit there were 35 murders in the

Month of January.That' s just one American city,

About as deadly as the entire war-torn country of Iraq.

When some claim that President Bush shouldn't have started this war, state the following:

A. FDR led us into World War II.

B. Germany never attacked us; Japan did. From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost ... An average of 112,500 per year.

C. Truman finished that war and started one in Korea. North Korea never attacked us. From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost ... An average of 18,334 per year.

D. John F. Kennedy started the Vietnam conflict in 1962. Vietnam never attacked us.

E. Johnson turned Vietnam into a quagmire. From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost ... An average of 5,800 per year.

F. Clinton went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent. Bosnia never attacked us. He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three times by Sudan and did nothing. Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.

G. In the years since terrorists attacked us , President Bush has liberated two countries, crushed the Taliban, crippled al-Qaida, put nuclear inspectors in Libya, Iran, and North Korea without firing a shot, and captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of his own people.

The Democrats are complaining about how long the war is taking, but it took less time to take Iraq than it took Janet Reno to take the Branch Davidian compound. That was a 51-day operation.

We've been looking for evidence for chemical weapons in Iraq for less time than it took Hillary Clinton to find the Rose Law Firm billing records.

It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines to destroy the Medina Republican Guard than it took Ted Kennedy to call the police after his Oldsmobile sank at Chappaquiddick.

It took less time to take Iraq than it took to count the votes in Florida!!!!

Our Commander-in-Chief is doing a GREAT JOB! the Military morale is high!

The biased media hopes we are too ignorant to realize the facts.

More

First off, if people are genuinely against the war, as I am the media is not controlling this.I was against the war before media broadcasts turn sour. Second off, wow, you have a terrible view of history if you can compare this to World War II.Second off, you make it in your part on Bush that Iraq attacked us. No, Iraq is not the Taliban, yes, they are based in the region and likely they did get funding in Iraq. But then why didn't we invade the entire middle east, or the whole world (yeah, I know those are a bit...yeah) and cut off all terrorist funding if you want to twist it as a crusade against Terrorism.Second off, comparing loss of life in your situations is ridiculous, these wars (WWII especiall) were no where near on the scale of Iraq, and I'm pretty sure it was the first Bush who went to war with Iraq over invasions. Point blank there ARE similarities between Hitler and our friend Sadam, but Hitler worked on a much more global scale, also we declared war on Japan and Hitler declared war on the U.S. we declared war on Japan, Germany declared it on us after. Korea and Vietnam I won't touch >.>And btw, don't mention biases in your post, because you're just as bias as I am.

Here is a list why not:1. We need jobs2. We don't like iraq3. Teens need education4. And allot of otherI don't think we need to be in iraq. Are we stoping them from killing themselfs? WHy do we care. I think we should leave and let them deal with them selfs. We don't call in the army when i fight with my boss now do we? Why should we there? I think its a waste of money and taxes. And that we should LEAVE. Its none of our buisness.

In my country they just gave up the draft and I don't like that. They say that we are part of NATO now and we don't need such a large army, but a better trained and a better armed army. Of course in the USA reinstated draft means more people in danger in Iraq.I think young people need the training that the army gives. It is one of the reasons why in late years they are becoming so violent, indisciplined.In my country, for over a month now, there hasn't been any conscriptions. I am 18 years old so if this wouldn't have happened so time soon I had to go to the army. I know the army very well and I really think it helps young people learn to obey. And besides I don't like the fact that we relay on other countries for our own defense. I'm sure the NATO pact will someday be history and having a small 75.000 men but professional army won't help taking in consideration that Rusia has more then a million men under arms.Of course my vision is different to most other young people. I think drafts are good... there hasn't been a war to end or wars (in which mankind would survive of course) so we should have large armies for our own defense.

Replying to brandon10092If you go to college and maintain a good grade point avg., or are married with kids you would escape the draft. People would go to college. The draft is just there to fight wars when soldiers are needed. Cowards go to Canada.

Charles Rangel is always saying 'bring back the draft', knowing full well that it won't happen. The reason is because he's trying to make rich conservatives rethink their support of these wars, since their rich kids would be drafted. It's easy to support war when 90% of the soldiers are poor kids from broken homes. Draft the rich kids and the elite who run this country would stop supporting these Romanesque acts of aggression.