xisto Community
TeeCee06

Gfx Section Suggestion

I think posting in the Showoff thread under the GFX Section should be counted for credits. That is probably my favorite section. I am not making this suggestion for myself but the Showoff section is really one of the major parts of the GFX section and it doesnt even count credits.I dont want anyone to get mad at me for making this suggestion so if you dont like it then just leave it be.

Edited by TeeCee06 (see edit history)

I guess is a nice suggesstion. People make comments and advices on sigs that helps the graphic creators to improve their work, i think thats contributing. Or no? however admins have the last word.

The Sigs section of the GFX forum used to give out credits. However, because of so many users posting non-quality posts, it became a no post count section. Some sections of the GFX forum might still give credits for posts. I just can't remember which ones.

The Sigs section of the GFX forum used to give out credits. However, because of so many users posting non-quality posts, it became a no post count section. Some sections of the GFX forum might still give credits for posts. I just can't remember which ones.

The only parts that give credits are the Tutorials, Resources, Graphics Crew, GFXTrap.com Updates, & the Other section.

There are also just a few parts of the "Sigs" section that give credits, the Gifts, SOTW, and Tournaments sections..

I could see where people could be taking advantage of it but that is the reason for there being moderators on here, to give them warnings. It seems to me like this website has great moderators and I think that if you would make the credits count under showoff they could definately handle the very few people who would be taking advantage of it.

The only parts that give credits are the Tutorials, Resources, Graphics Crew, GFXTrap.com Updates, & the Other section.
There are also just a few parts of the "Sigs" section that give credits, the Gifts, SOTW, and Tournaments sections..

I could see where people could be taking advantage of it but that is the reason for there being moderators on here, to give them warnings. It seems to me like this website has great moderators and I think that if you would make the credits count under showoff they could definately handle the very few people who would be taking advantage of it.

It's not that they don't want people to share their signatures but that'll become all they do and they don't want it to become the easy way of making posts and credits. Signatures should be for a reason not just to make hosting credits off them. Moderators don't want to have to deal with the spamming of the Showoff forum because it shouldn't be done really. Plus they would have to set a line for those who are taking advantage of it. That way people can post sigs when they want.

The GFX forum is really more for entertainment purposes, if you will. It's more to take a break from the other sections of the forum, and have fun with GFX. And, also, (maybe) get some tips and tricks with GFX.

It's not that they don't want people to share their signatures but that'll become all they do and they don't want it to become the easy way of making posts and credits. Signatures should be for a reason not just to make hosting credits off them. Moderators don't want to have to deal with the spamming of the Showoff forum because it shouldn't be done really. Plus they would have to set a line for those who are taking advantage of it. That way people can post sigs when they want.

I can understand that completely but what I'm trying to say is that many people here have a favorite section of theres. For instance there are one or two people who make up tons of poems and post them, yes they are good at it and yes it helps them build up their credits. Other people are very smart and makes topics daily in the "What Is..." section, they still get the credits and they fill the section up with interesting topics. Now in my case I think I am a little above average with photoshop & I like to make sigs, even though when you post a sig in the showoff section you don't get credits I still do it, but I am doing that for the forum, not one bit for myself. Now in the other peoples' cases when they post a poem or an interesting "What Is..." topic they are not only helping out the forum but they are also helping out theirself. I can easily see where you are coming from and I'm sure you can see where I am coming from. Each side can make strong case but I think there needs to be just a little bit of a change.

TeeCee you are definitely right, The sigs section should be granted credits to the one who makes them, but that's why there are Sotws and competitions. If you worked hard you can win those sotws and collect credits that you won't be granted unless you do lots of sigs.What I mean is getting credits from doing sigs is alot easier by wining sotws, than to make a bunch of sigs in a regular post and get one credit for each.Am I right? That way moderators can focus on making sure that there is no spamming in sotws, and they won't search every topic in the sigs section for spam. Being a mod isn't easy. Remember that!