xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
renzokuken

A Set Of Signatures from Star Wars

WOW. I just wish I could make graphics that good.... I'm gonna learn and learn and learn until I can reach that level of skill... if I ever can. Basically, I think these are amazing. Keep up the good work and do show us all more!

They look good but they are very basic. Your first one is your best, it blends in with the background the best and the transparent white part at the top goes good with the green. These would be very good images to give to someone so they could put their name on them.

To my taste they look very proffessional. But maybe you should add text because in the background parts there are lots of free almost monochromatic space. also think teh first is the best because it fills that space with the laser sword. Looks cool.

My main suggestion for you would be to lower the opacity on the white curves. It's very distracting, and covering the renders face isn't the best thing either.Keep up the good work.

My main suggestion for you would be to lower the opacity on the white curves. It's very distracting, and covering the renders face isn't the best thing either.
Keep up the good work.

Very well said, that was one point I forgot to make. That is probably why I like the green one a lot better than the others. The white curves on the green one looks more transparent, probably just because of the color green but if you lowered it on the others they might look a little better also.

The backgrounds of the sigs are very well done. Brushwork? Or did you use filters?Great use of colour for each, it either comes from the render (eg Yoda) or compliments them well and adds a touch of meaning (eg Stormtrooper).You seemed to have used different methods of blending each renders, some more effective than others. Darth Maul, for example, doesn't look blended at all. Padme has a feather transparency from what I can see, and Obi Wan looks just fuzzy.Yoda's the best blended as far as I can tell - focus more on that blending element of a background without it being so obvious as with Obi Wan.The white curve seems a bit much, particularly on Padme, where it cuts right through her eyes. Maybe move it a bit or try different techniques.Are these available for others to use? That would explain why you left them blank... ^-^

Thank you all for the comments and suggestions, I appreciate them and will definitely adhere to them when making more. These signatures were made from Renders and the backgrounds were brushed. I use the same set of brushes for all of them, and didnt use filters. The only filter however I used was on the renders themself, I used Gaussian and Motion blur to give them a faded look, although I understand it coud be better. The white curved bar was supposed to make the signatures look like glossy/glassy with a reflection effect but I notice its true some of them its just distracting.

Lastly, yes I made them for use for a group of us members on a different forum, so when we go around posting we have the similar set of signatures....lol..like a signature gang.

Thanks again for the comments, I appreciate the support, I wouldnt be here without them. =)

If you want the glossy/glassy look, renzokuken, be sure you do something dark around the opposite edges. It doesn't have to be as obvious as the light area, but contrast would add to the realism.