xisto Community
Unregistered 012

Favorite Playstation 2 Game VOTE HERE

Favorite Playstation 2 Series  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

While there are other games on the PS2 that I really like, because Guitar Hero is one of the ones mentioned, I voted for it. You just can't go wrong with a video game that has a huge collection of famous songs that everybody (except hippies of course) loves, and allows those unable to play real guitar to experience it in a unique and awesome way. :D I have Guitar Hero 2 for the PS2, and Guitar Hero 3 for the Wii. While GH3 has online, I never get bored of playing GH2. :o

I was just wondering what were some of the top favored games for the playstation 2. I liked the Ratchet and clank series, jak and daxter series, i liked the first kingdom hearts (havent played the second one), and i liked the Grand Theft Auto games too. My favorite would have to be the jak and daxter series mostly since the graphics were good, the gameplay was awesome, and the plot of the game was great. Vote for your favorite, and if you choose other please state what series or games that you liked.

my fav.. ps2 games where final fantise 10 socom all of them by the way my clan was called Predators long clan tag you couldnt miss it we used to own but anyways lol also my all time fav was need for speed underground 2

the GOD OF WAR one and two are one of the my fav on ps2. Gow2 has the best graphics ever on that system. also gameplay, sounds, music etc... never thought they can make such a great game (technically) on ps2! Also i love Metal Gear Solid series and MGS3 Snake Eater is one of my favourite. It's got great graphics, very good gameplay and the best story ever. Must say that Black makes a great impression on me and GTA: San Adreas should get there too.

It was quite a disappointing point when I saw no one gave a favourite to God of War and MSG3. But then Solidcinu pops in and does it all. Thanks mate!

I'm not a console nazi, I think that its the games that make the consoles sell. But as far as the question of favourite PS2 game goes, I'd like to point to a few of those....

* Metal Gear Solid (2 and 3)

* God of War (1 and 2)

* Shadow of the Colossus (and its sequel Ico)

* Devil May Cry 3

* Black

* Final Fantasy (X, X-2, and XII)

Black was the best looking FPS on PS2 in my opinon. The level of destruction and geometry mapping was amazing. I mean, its mind boggling to think how the developers suck that much power out of Sony's black little box. Same is the case with God of War 2 and Devil May Cry 3. They incorporate some of the best 3D sprites on PS2, and considering that a lot is going on in the games at any given time, the games run at and unwavering 60fps. Shadow of the Colossus, is a Colossus in itself. Leagues and leagues of open grassy plains. Mountains and hills, beautifully rendered. Its a sight to behold. The AI is superb, storyline amazing and is just...... It has that "Oomph" factor to it. I recommend you play Ico before this.

As for MGS 2 and 3, I've always been a great fan of Kojima and Shinkawa's work together. Thats the main reason I gave Zone of the Enders a shot, and I was hooked. Same happend when I played the Second installment of the ZOE franchise. Amazing pieces of art.

The first Final Fantasy game that I played was FF VIII, and that still is one of my all time favourites. If this topic was about favourites, regardless of platform, I'd definitely mention FF VIII. FFX and X2 were a nice experience, but FF XII took the thing to a whole new level. It re-defined the Turn-based mechanics of the FF series so far. Also, the graphics, AI, gameplay, and the gameplay LENGTH are the contributing factors to its success. I think it has a gameplay time of 120+ hours.

I've never been much of a GTA person, but that doesnt mean that the game wasnt good. Scoring 9+ out of 10 means serious business.

Cheers!

I would say.. hmm... Let me think.. Ratchet and Clank series are really really really good :D.. I played them with my cousin from 4pm to 3.30am.. good times :D.. I really like the storyline in Ratchet And Clank.. (sorry if i write the game wrong) and i also like game called Dark Cloud. It's RPG where you go to dungeon and kill enemys and collect secret stuff and then you go back to starting place and build a town there^^.. It's good because you can build the town anyway you want.. Exept the bad thing is that you need every single piece of the town to go to the boss.. :D i really liked the boss of world 3 or something.. It was somekind of gorilla or monkey it was just very hard.. I almost died in that and used many potions.. Anyways i would say that the most favourite game for playstation 2 for me would be Ratchet and Clank.. I just love those games ^^ (if you havent play them.. try, ill promise it will be much fun .. atleast when you get best items and Ryno and stuff ^^)~Samitzu

Out of that list I voted the Final Fantasy game series. Good gameplay, good graphics (as always, Square should just go make a movie instead of a game. Oh wait, they already have done Advents Children), good voice acting (at least on the most part) etc. and the series has remained solid throughout all these years. Most of my Final Fantasy games have save files clocked at 150 hours or so (yes, I'm the type of gamer who attempts for all the sidequests).However I'd like to point out that the GTA series are probably worth the money you spend them on. It took me a very long time (probably 2 years or so) to complete GTA San Andreas to 100% (I needed to collect ALL those horseshoes and all that, how annoying), and for the most part, it was very fun.

my favourites are god of warII

metal gear solid 2

final fantasy :)

medal of honor europen attack

formula one (i have 2003 version)

and international cricket 2007

prince of persia is OK

there is one named amplitude........... my friends keep talking bout that one. i have not yet played that

well i voted for the jak and daxter series all though come to think of it there has been a lot of games, also i think crash and spyro should really be shown here, mainly because of the giant leap they took from the PS1 to the PS2 because looking back at the originals and the graphics then and to now, there really is a big difference, and they have kept a long story line which ratchet and daxter still have far to catch up on, although they were all originally based by naughty dog productions and now moved on there own brands, etc.Also, i would like to express to what makes something the best game? i mean i played Mercaneries, now although its only recently that number 2 is set to be released i thought that was a wicked game, the graphics were awesome the gameplay was relatively fun and it gave more of a free flow game, where you can do pretty much what you like to a certain extent, where as in other games, you have to do missions to see people, and the idea of actually getting into helicopters and cars without having to be chased like in GTA is good too, not that i dont like GTA! lolFinally, what happened to good old, Gran Tourismo? i mean thats been with us for a long time and each time lives up to expectation :)

Grand Theft Auto Series, for sure. Now even better graphics and gameplay on the Playstation 3 Console. It is a really good game, though full of violence, gangs, strong language and so on. I love the ease of getting a car whenever you need it and fireing bullets around just for fun.

Tough decisionI have Final Fantasy XII and I think that it is one of the best RPG's that is on a console. The new battle system is awesome and the storyline is great.My choice would be a Guitar Hero game, but when Guitar Hero 3 came out, Guitar Hero became HUGE and everyone had it. I have played Guitar Hero when it first came out, and got Guitar Hero 2 a few months after it came out. I am also kind of against Guitar Hero now, because 99% of the good bands on there I have heard of and listened to before (some I have listened to about 3-4 years before) it was on Guitar Hero. Now I see all these loser kids in school that get all their music from Guitar Hero and Rock Band (One person only had one song by C&C, Welcome Home) and think they can play guitar/bass/drums. I can tell you this: if my bass had 5 frets, it would be easy to play any song. But instead guitars and basses have 20+ frets and 4+ strings. It takes real skill to play guitar/bass and hardly any to play a plastic guitar with 5 frets.I'm surprised that DDR isn't on there. I would vote for that if it was up.Oh yeah and P.S. I'd like to see how many new Metallica 'fans' there are when Guitar Hero Metallica comes out, just like what happened to Aerosmith....