xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
husker

My Basketball Practice

It's my first year in high school, and basketball started this week. But, our school didn't make any announcements about it, and still hasn't. So yesterday my mom called to see when it was (because we didn't know at this point) and the lady said to check this site. So I check it and find out that I missed practice yesterday. So, I figure it's no big deal since try-outs haven't started yet. I get all of the paperwork stuff ready and planned to go to practice today, which the site says was at 5 pm. I go at 5 pm and I see freshman LEAVING! I'm really fed up with this and our athletics site and staff, so I'm just going to talk to the coach tomorrow, and I hope he doesn't say that I'm too late, or else I will rip his head off! :blink: lol, jk, I just hope that I am not too late. I probably already missed a lot of stuff, which puts me at a disadvantage for the tryouts (which are Saturday, who knows what time it will be). I only made the C team last year, which isn't good. I'm trying to prove that I'm better than what everyone thought but how can I do that if I don't even know when practice is!!

Edited by husker (see edit history)

Well husker they can't really say anything then if you didn't hear anything about it. I would just keep practicing and do your best at the next practices and tryouts and hope you get on the better team. The reason you might have been on Team C though last year is because you aren't good. :blink: j/k Good luck and hope you can play. I have started playing a bit of basketball lately, and it's fun. Wouldn't want to miss it.

Amazing!!! i'm exactly on the same problem!!! (seriously!)Its my first high school year too, and i used to play basketball so well before, so now, i wanted to tryout in the basketball team, but no one told me when where the practices so i didnt assist many times.Now the coach picked many new players that arent even good at basketball and the coach now wont see my skills! its frustrating.What im doin now is assist to the overall school practices (the ones where all people go, cause its mandatory) and do my best on everyone, and sometimes practice with the Team, even if im not a part of it :wacko: I bet i may get accepted in a few.If you are good enough for basketball your school Team will even ask you to join them without you trying to do it :blink:

I'm even more frustrated now. The "tryouts" were supposed to be Saturday from 10-12 but they were from 8-10. My mom even checked twice with the athletics office on this! Thankfully, they weren't tryouts, they were just a big practice and there will be about three more of them. So, I'm really mad but at least my friend is trying to help. He gave me his phone number to call him and he will tell me when everything is. I trust him a lot more than our athletics office, or our website. It's unbelievable just how horrible the organization for the freshman basketball team is. They don't know anything! Hopefully, I won't be too late and I still have a shot at making the team.

Wow your school dosn't let you know but do all the other players go? and your like the only one that dosn't know when things are? That happend to me a long time ago i was like the only on that didn't get any info on a project.