xisto Community
Jon Jon

I Don't Understand Hosting Credits

In brief you earn more credits by posting posts of more quality. You need 10 and 30 credits to get the starter and default package respectively. Once hosted your credits are reset to 2 or 3 (can't remember which) and you lose 1 credit per day thereupon. At 0 your account is suspended and at -30, terminated.

For more detail see jihaslip's link...

Hey wait a minute, if I have 100 credits, and then I chose to be hosted, then my credits will be 2 credits??? Or 70 credits?!

As it was explained and mentioned before, your credits will be reset to a default number once hosted. In your case around 4. 4 hosting credits is the maximum number that a reset will be granted.

Thanks for the information. One more question, can I upload a file, it's like a broadcasting file or something. Where people just visit the website, and then it streams for the visitor. Can I upload that file in my website and then use it somewhere else? Does is eat my bandwidth?

Yes, it eats up your bandwidth. Approximately the file size for each time is gets downloaded. That is how bandwidth works.And as for the type of "Broadcasting" file, please be reminded that the Copyright needs to be dealt with. Basically, if you are not the Copyright Holder, you would need permission from the Copyright Holder, in advance of making it available on the Xisto Server, or risk account termination, should the file violate any Copyright issue.

No worries man. The account if for an organisation :wacko:. So all copyrights goes to the organisation :blink:. Argh, I hate them bandwidth problem. Haha! Does bandwidth renew every month? Just a question.Please forgive me noobieness ;).

Bandwidth resets itself every month. A small recommendation most of the questions you have asked or about to ask can be found in the forums and or in the Xisto readme as well.