xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tsunami

Fav Things Growing Up

Ok in this thread you have to list some of ur fav things as a child and tell why you loved them OH SO MUCH!.... ok ill start- Xena: The Warrior Princess: I Secretly wanted to be her, that and she was sexy and she was a chick and i was a very sexist child....- Spice Girls: Again, a sexist child, obsessed with their music...- Sailor Moon: Were beginning to see a trend here arent we- Pok'e'mon: It was like the crack of elementary school- The Little Mermaid: I was obsessed with water and again shes a chick... got started watching it at a young age and thats whwat tought me how to work a VCR... i think thats what got me interested in singing.- Tomogachi's and other Digital Pet things: I dunno what it was... but i had keychains upon keychains upon keychains of them... i think i only had one actual Tomogachi and the rest were fake big lots' brand generics- Furby: I loved my firby... he was my best friend during my 3rd grade year when i had to wear an eye patch... it was funny cause he would say yumm when i would touch his tounge and hten he would burp >.<... then sing that demented little song.-The Original NES: another good friend of my younger years... i was addicted to games like lemmings and kirby and duckhunt-Sega Genisis: One of my ultimate favorite games of all time was on this system... and its called VALIS!!! i <3ed that game... i used to have dreams about it... the story line mostely... it made me cry :'( bet if this is all you knew me by you would swear i am gay >.< any ways... you think mine is stupid then lets see what you liked :-p

I had so many favourite things while growing up... Sadly, I can't remember most of their names, all that is left are blurred images... But, let me have a go at it...- I loved the book about Muppets... My mom or dad, had to read it to me, every night while I was a little kid... Later on, when I learned to read myself, I read it over and over and over... At one point, I just stopped, and that book is no more..- There was this show, in production of our local television, a puppet show, for kids, with many different animals and characters... There was this sheik with his camel Mathilda... Then, Artemije the eagle... He and Mathilda were madly in love with each other... There was a catchy song Artemije sang, mourning he didn;t have four legs :blink:... A small group of mice, 3 I believe, that played tiny little guitars, and sang with their squeaky voices...- Sabre Rider - I believe everyone knows what this is, sadly, I can't remember much of the show, aside that I wanted to be Sabre, and ride his robot horse ;)- Another show for kids, made buy our national television, called Branko Kockica ( Branko "little cube" :wacko: ), that kept us very occupied during those 30-45 minutes it lasted... It was mainly educational, but in fun way...- Survival, an old show, BBC production if I'm not mistaken... Great show... Mostly about nature...- Lego's, now that was the most important thing in my life... I could spend hours and hours making stuff, then demolishing them, and building something new... I wonder where they are now, I might build something again ;)I think that would sum up most important things while I was growing up... Basicaly, things that shaped me, and made me what I am today :D

Construction Toys - I loved all of these, mainly Lego and Lego technic, I remember spending days making things. Lego technic was good because it had pneumatic parts, and motors. I made everything you can think of, boats, gearboxes etc. I also played with K'nex, I made a metre high ferris wheel, which was pretty impressive when it was finished.

Model Trains - I played with brio trains, when I was young (3 - 4 ) every morning when I got up the first thing I would do is build a railway, when I stopped playing with it I had a huge amount of track, several boxes full.

Model Farm - I had a large model farm, with tractors, which I remember playing with quite a lot, I also still have a large amount of tractors lying around.

help me to know how to get a credit

This should explain everything.
Edited by Yacoby (see edit history)

Hyper colour t-shirts: blow onto it and it changes colours, also remember the jokes about it.. ie hypercolour underpants, etc.Sega Mega Drive (Genesis). Top games out of that, the sonic generation, columns (LOL), Jurassic Park, etc.Its a knockout/Double Dare: Old nickolodeon kids TV shows which involved a lot of interesting challenges. The later involved a lot of slime throwing. Also the tune for its a knockout was pretty catchy (it's a knockout.. thats the name of the game..)Blocks: Preschool days.. remember trying to make the TALLEST building out of the lot and having to stick a "DO NOT KNOCK DOWN" sign on it during lessons and so forth.. quite fun and hilarious at times.Legos: That too, made interesting buildings, figures, etc, tallest whatever on it. Wreck it later and start again on whatever comes up on my mind at the time.Full Frontal: Late primary school/early high school days. Australian sketch comedy which took the piss out of many tv shows and even had their own style shows. Many similar shows were put on after, but nothing beats full frontal (and to some extent the predecesser Fast Forward).Power Rangers: Lame in some sort of ways now, especially with monsters falling before the weapon hits them, robots and monsters crashing into cardboard skyscrapers and all. But it wasnt that bad to watch back then when growing up. (over 14 odd years ago).

god so many things. Transformers: i loved this show and the action figures. i used to spen hours and hours playing with the toy.NES,SNES,SEGA: i mean common the best games are on those systems. super mario, Sonic, street fighter, i mean do i need to go on.parks: i ahve noticed that since i got older i stopped going to the park. i still remember going to the park and playing ball.Old skool cartoons: see wat i have noticed now they dont give the dol skool cartoons like bugs and daffy. where are they and where did they go. lol made me laff alot when i was a kid.there are many more but i cant think of anyhting right now. wow tho now that i read all of the posts i miss the good old days when everything was nice and simple. oh wellz

Batman: I really liked that hero.I still have some action figures of him. :blink: Magic School Bus: I loved that show so much. I didn't want to miss any show(s) or I would be VERY angry...

About my favourite thing was to let the family pet (a dog) take me for a walk on Saturday mornings. We went everywhere. To the Lake, to the Parks, around by the warehouses, over to an Aunt's house. I wish that dog could read a map, because once or twice she took me places I never should have gone to. Like the Docks where the Lake Freighters tied-up. She sure got us in trouble on that trip. :blink:Mostly she stayed around the neighbourhood, though, and took me to all my favourite spots that I couldn't go to during the week. She seemed to enjoy walking through neighbourhood yards a lot, because we were always getting yelled at for 'cutting through' someone's yard. Mostly these yards had Apple trees, too. Maybe my dog was a vegetarian dog. I'm not sure...

Wow that was a long time ago. Let's see if I can dredge up some favorite childhood things. How about roller skates that you hooked on your shoes with a skate key, which of course, tore the soles off of your shoes in time? But back then you could get them sewn back on at the shoe repair. Then there was hop scotch, jacks, making your own skate board with old skates and a piece of 2 by 4, clipping old playing cards to your bicycle frame so they hit in the spokes and made noise like a motorcycle, playing neighborhood baseball in the street, walking to school everyday even when you lived a mile from the school, climbing trees usually to collect fruit in a neighbor's yard, hiking up into the mountains and camping (on the ground with no tent) then fishing for your breakfast which you fried over a camp fire (no grill), going to the Saturday kids' matinees for a bread wrapper admission, taking the family dog out to the field across the way to build a raft in the overflowing creek during the winter months (it always seemed to rain a lot where I was), listening to the continuing adventures of Cinnamon Bear on the radio at Christmas time, and I guess I could go on, but most of you won't even relate to all of this. :blink:
Notice from jlhaslip:
I do! I do!