xisto Community
OpaQue

Do You like POPUP Ads even though they pay more?

I mean it wouldn't be to bad bu i ahte havinga site taht has 20 pop ups as soon as you get on a page it bites.... BUt whee do you even get pop up ads i have been looking for them but i can't find them?? so if any one can ansher that post here but i say that if you put one or two on a page it would be fine pluss it makes money for the site right so hey i say us them.Also if you have a pop up blocker and you get it block does it still coubnt as they saw it

Who doesn't hate pop-ups? One of the reasons I didn't join this forum right away was all the ads. If there had been a pop up/under, I probably wouldn't have considered joining at all. But I think I'd rather have one pop-up (per visit/page) in exchange for 75% of the ads right now. (Of course, one always thinks things like that before they actually get it..) Anyway, it's a bad idea because it'd either drive away users and/or barely get noticed at all.

NO! NO!! NO!!! Never liked popup ads for any reason. They irritate me a lot and I am not gonna visit any site in which I encounter much opoup ads. U know, they even fill in your HDD with spy and adwares thereby infecting your comp.Not at all, I DONT LIKE POPUP ADS and I aint ever gonna use them in any of my websites.

I dont see how anyone could like pop-ups. I mean, most of the time they are lying like for example, how many times have you been the 1,000,000 visitor to a site? And how many times has it tricked you into thinking its a proper window instead of a pop-up?

I hate them lol

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like them when they remunerate good website, I click to give some money to the webmaster because it doesn't cost anything :)

But when there are 10 big pop-up on the same page it isn't really funny :) Have to click 10 times on the cross :rolleyes:

For these one just use a pop-up blocker like Mozilla Firefox :D

i think everyone hates pop-ups but we're forgetting important features a pop-up can give a site.view a certain article, a little info or a complementary photo in a small window is more confortable than seeing it in big window. some sites even pop a small window when you're asked to login and that's a way of not taking you away from what you were doing and saves you time. as almost everything else in life, when well used, a popup can be very usefull and pratical. if you build sites: use popups wisely, dont waste them with adds...

i dislike pop ups SO much, they always slow down my computer/freeze it. i would get mozilla but alot of websites's css i go to regularly dont work properly on there so i don't use mozilla. if i had to pick an advertisment its def text. i cant stand popups!!!

i hate pop ups especially when you go to a site with 20 pop ups and it takes you a couple of minutes to get to the site because of the all the pop ups, if there is one maybe 2 pop ups on a site it isnt that bad just as long as the pop up only appears when you first enter the site not every time you go to the homepage

I have mixed feelings about popups. I think pop unders might be better. At that juncture, they have already left your site.I use to have a lot of pop ups. It drove away my traffice. I even had somebody link to my site with the cautionary note "lots of annoying pop-ups". So he linked to me, but who woudl follow that link? I suppose if you get a ton of traffic, it is worth it.Anybody have any good result with popunders. That is, ads that only show up after the visitor leaves your site?

Hi All:Personally, I do not like pop ups, pop unders and so forth. I have a pop up blocker that I use, which is pretty nice. I can disable it when I want, and want to actually see the pop up. For my own site, I have experimented with pop ups to increase revenue. It is like walking a tight rope however. The slight increase in revenue balanced by how many visitors I would potentially scare away. I debate it. I do not know if it is worth it or not.As it stands now, I do not have pop ups on my site. I may, however, in the future include pop ups. I would just experiment to see if there was a decrease in traffic.Sunkist

I don't like POPUPS because it is quite confusing.When i'm seeing a website it suddenly opens a popup and it will change our thoughts.I just click on the popup sometimes.POPunders is even worse.so i think that people don't like popups.Eventhough it gives us more revenue,I will not put them on my site.

dont even bother to use the pop-up ads. I for one, I will never allow them on my computer's screen. Imagine, doing something important and some stupid pop-up suddenly pops unto the screen. it can be quite annoying and irritating at the same time.I hate them pop-ups.

Bleh...Pop-Ups that is the worstest advertesimg system ever.I just hate that.I use the pop up blocker of windows service pack 2.And that blocks it good but when it comes , it makes so much noise.If I get on some pages.I know the site are earning much but I think that banners are much better than pop-ups.With pop-ups the page refresh ever 10 sec. :D