xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Liheime

Rate The Game: Legend Of Zelda - The Wind Waker ...

Hello all,

How do you do?

Here's the deal. :blink:

I'll mention a game, then the hnext person will rate the game I mention (however they rate gameso), and then list a new game of their own. Any game on any system is okayi. :wacko:

Please stay on topic. ;)

Let's start off with Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker ;)

Thanx z.

Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

Rating: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

This is coming from a huge Zelda fan, ever since the first on on Nintendo Entertainment System.

Story: 6
I never really liked the story of Wind Waker. The legend is, evil spread across the land, but a hero emerged and locked the evil away. 100 years have passed and evil has come back.
On an island, the habitants have made a tradition to make boys wear the green clothes the hero (who had vanquished the evil) when they reached a certain age. Obvious how the main hero of this story turns into the actual hero.

Graphics: 8
Cel-shaded means suck! No I'm just kidding. The graphics are proof of nintendo being about to mix things up, and no stay repetitive. In cel-shading, an object (usually the character) is drawn by hand and placed in a rendered game environment, usually giving the object a very different graphical look from their surroundings. Not this game, Link seems very inplace in this game as his enviroment is also totally celshaded. With it's bold bright coloring, and amazing details Wind Waker gets a high mark in this category.

Gameplay: 10
Classic Legend of Zelda from the N64 Era. What's more to say, it's amazing.

Music and Sound: 7
The music of Wind Waker is good and in parts excellent, but is the only area where the game doesn't really shine. While the music is fairly good, none of the tracks are very memoriable. The one thing to note is the transition between non-combat and combat music. It's improved greatly since the Nintendo 64 Era. With a seamless transition the game seems to flow better. Also, just to mention, the best best best! music in this game is the boss music, each song seems to fit the battle, and add a sense of urgency to the battles.

Overall: 8
I really did enjoy Wind Waker. I have 100% the game, twice actually. Though that pales in comparason to the playthroughs in The Orcarina of Time or Link to the Past, it is quite good. I'd recommend it to all.

Next Game: Super Smash Bros. Melee

i would give it a 7.0. I really like the zelda games but that one just wasn't as good as other ones. I personally think the best zelda game was the first one that came out for N64. And it seems as the new zelda game on the wii is just like that one so i can't wait to try it out. But some of the older Zelda games just didn't give you anything new.

I'm going to drop it down one more to a 6, simply because its not complete (google this if you like). The game wasn't intended to have only two temples, but they were running later than they had said they would be, and instead of pushing back the launch date, just finished it up at only two temples and sold it. Everybody who thinks this was a bad move and Nintendo should go back and make a complete "special edition" with "extra" dungeons should all email them or something. Complete games are usually better than rushed ones.

You guys are supposed to name a game to be rated after you post...Lets start back up with this one:Zelda : Legend of the Twilight Princess

4/10 on Twilight PrincessThe game was incredibly easy! I beat it within the day after I bought it. The graphics weren't as great as I hoped for and ALL the puzzles were extremely easy. I could just be getting older and wiser but I don't remember the games being *that* easy. The howling stones and new skills were a nice add-on but kinda random to through in. It made killing monsters a little more interesting than just swinging your sword and making your arm tired.