xisto Community
Saint_Michael

Saint-michael Reviews Final Fantasy 12 20 hours in and not even scratch the surface

Well I thought I make post about the Game of the century and that Being Final Fantasy 12. Right now I'm about 20 hours into the game (most of that timing leveling up.) So I start with the ratingsSound (including voice and music) 10/10. This was the first thing I notice as I watch the intro, They gave some voice to the Final fantasy theme song which made it it even sweeter to watch. Voice acting is awesome this time. The use of British accents, German accent still haven't figure out the accent to the Viera (bunny girls). But whoever is doing Fran's voice is awesome. It makes the character unique. Music what can say you can't go wrong with the man Nobuo Uematsu when he does the musical scores for the FF series.Game Play 10/10.the use of the real time battle mode is awesome, plus it makes the fights a lot harder to win, but thanks to the gambit system it make it more strategic then ever and a lot longer if you trying to steal an item. The locations are huge as well so you can be spending most of your time wandering around just so you know where you want to go. But the maps help out just for a refresher, but still HUGE!!. Theirs more interactivity with the NPC so as to make it more realistic and interesting to find out what people have to say about what is happening. The license grid helps make customizing your characters a lot better, although with me I plan to max out all their abilities just so I can I did it. The use of chain battles is ok, it helps get better items as you get higher and higher, but it does take awhile to get there and what not. I stopped over 100 (beyond the max). I also like the new Limit system (quickening) although you allow three per character, also the fact you can chain them for huge amounts of damage. Of course you got 4 seconds to select a person and press the r2 to randomize it as to select another person to keep the chain going. I haven't got one of the summons yet, another 5 hours at least so I let you know more on that.Weapons/armor/accessories 10/10.With so many Weapons/armor/accessories it's insane as to what you can use for maximum carnage, but to come on that as well.Story n/a.Well just barely scratching the surface of the story so I let you know when I beat, but right now it is pretty interesting, you got traitors, rebellions, wars, evil people and all the other good stuff that makes this game sweet.Secrets 10/10Put it like this their so many of them I could score a few hundred credits listing all of them :lol:Monsters 10/10With the ones I seen so far they have been well designed and well put together as well. Made the harder to kill this time :(.GilWell they decided to do something different this time, to make your money, you have to sell loot (items that monsters drop), you get it that way some items can help you net a few thousand just like that, it just takes time to collect these items and sell them off.So unless you hate the Playstation I suggest you get this and have your mind blown away for the Final Final Fantasy for the PS2 ever.

so thats why u didnt answer me in my time of need this morning(j/k) i just had a question about my avatar.... anywayz... staying on topic....so where did u get it??? how much?.... !!

Great review, I can't actually get this game until next year unfortunately as I live in Australia but thats ok, lol. Anyway I am looking forwward to this so much, I was gonna download it from Bittorrent but cant cause dont ave a dvd burner to burn it onto a disc and would rather wait for it to properly come out, I read like a 14 page review in PSM a while ago and really got into the mood to play it as they described it so good, the new battle system and license board looks good and can't wait for it to come out!!

hah. when i saw the topic to this i was like "of course SM made this." but pretty solid review. are there any points in the game where it is just IMPOSSIBLE to get past? i dread the games!

Great review, I can't actually get this game until next year unfortunately as I live in Australia but thats ok, lol. Anyway I am looking forwward to this so much, I was gonna download it from Bittorrent but cant cause dont ave a dvd burner to burn it onto a disc and would rather wait for it to properly come out, I read like a 14 page review in PSM a while ago and really got into the mood to play it as they described it so good, the new battle system and license board looks good and can't wait for it to come out!!

just order it over the internet. that will get you the game in a few days.

I think though they could have hold out til November and used it for the starting of the PS3. I don't think anyone would have mind.Some pointers would be when you get the lhusa(might have spelled that wrong) mines lvl up there easy exp and the items they drop will get you about 32,000 gold a piece (99 items)

Well i would download it off bittorent or bought it off the internewt but one small problem... I dont have a mod chip in my PS2, I been really meaning to get one, but just dont have the time and money to get one at the moment so I guess i'll just have to wait until the Australian release next year oh well.

Edited by rldowling03 (see edit history)

Heard nothing but good things about Final Fantasy XII - apparantly it has lived up to all expectation, and is well deserving of all the hype surrounding it. I'm guessing with the faster battle system its a bit closer to FFX-2's gambit system rather than the standard ATB we're all used to in the PSX Final Fantasies?IGN's review raves on about the richness of the storyline. I really can't wait to see what it's about. Any further insight into the levelling up system SM?

Yeah at first I wanted this game. But after reading this and how you said this game is just awesome, plus reading outher sources about it, well lets just say I REALLY REALLY want this game now....

too all Final fantasy players in generalSaint-michael Reviews Final Fantasy 12

every single game within the final fantasy Collection have in my mine all out done the one before it

from FF1 -FF2 we seen small but majorly accepted changed in the user interface for nes

from ff2 - ff3 we seen the same kind of changes but again for the better

with each passing game the title has shown that they are not in it just for the money, but rather too make us the gamer happy. They spent millions as sony and Square too make FF11 online

and have done a absolutely great job with it as well, aside from making it so closely resembling other mmo games.

I find it has a spart not many other games contain,  that grasps our inner being

making us think even just for a moment how nice it would be too trade bodys with this person you created

making you understand at the same time just how difrent the real world is

and holding on for that extra 5mins before you go into the dining room for dinner

"ok mom ill be there in a min"

20mins latter she shuts the power off " MOM! "

heh the start of major fights yes, but it was worth it

as I grew up without a father

so the figures in the games tended too seem a bit more fatherly then I could ever take in real life

and gave me guide lines ive followed to this day becuase of it

------------------------

sorry back too the post sorry for rammbling lol

from final fantasy 3 - 5 we seen huge changes in the lack of story lines

and the amount of detail in the game

and of course who wouldn't want that atracive cover on FF Cronicles

in the later 1990's Square released the game Final Fantasy 7

that would become Thee"#1" RPG in history

with a Universe of Game play

Mountains of extra wierd and yet fun endings

and Tuns of thins to do before you decide too kill that last boss and find out thares another one lmao

I give FF1 - FF6 a 6/10

and I give FF7 a 10/10

while Final fantasy main RPG style games are NOT my Fav Final fantasy Tactics is

Final Fantasy Tactics was Released in the west in the late 1990 - 2000

the game was under budget and Exspected to fail

yet with a name like final fantasy in the game name

they released in anyway hoping too make thare money back

they had little exspectations in the USA too buy the game at all

yet in the first 4 weeks of sales they made all there money back 2 fold

and were still raking in the money

seems they under esimated there names effect on the game sales

this made people in Square scared that the name might have mislead people into belive the game mechanics were the same as FF7

but within the next 2 months a cuple people here and a cuple people there from the game devs got promoted

Did I happen too mention this game also shared allot of the same Developers as Tactics Ogre?

thats all for now I'm needed as a cook bye ")

-reply by joshua of RLWI