xisto Community
gursimran2006

The Indian Search Engine! Guruji

you know what`s weird? when I search for something (I`ve tried "school", for example), the number I`ve bolded in the message "Results 131 - 140 of about 22,88,863" always changes... is it randomly generated or what ? :lol: Shouldn`t it be the same ? :(

I like google better and yahoo better than this search engine. The key words it seems are grouped into themes in order to gives the search results. I like to have the key words not linked to specific themes, and I like to have a bunch of search results without any constarints on my results.I have to admit it does give different search results from google. So this might be used as another source when doing research.

sound sinteresting. India has a large speaking english population and its economy is growing quite abit. No doubt we've all met indian surfers online!!I still think google will remian top though!

It looks like quite a good search engine. However, I doubt it will beat Google in the near future, because Google is Huge, and what it can't beat it has the money to simply buy. Hopefully it will grow to be big though, as more search engines are always good.I, like hts did find the "Results 131 - 140 of about ###" with the costly changing ### a bit funny, but I assume there is some logic behind it somewhere.

Nah I doubt it will beat google, because the search engine is based on India websites and not world website. This will benefit people from India the most but for those who are looking for traveling there maybe could use this as well.

I dont think there is much of a possibility that this engine would beat Google just coz the Google people have the best resources and they can beat anyone they want. And yeah if this engine starts generating good enough profits then it would be bought over by Google.

'Guru Ji' The Indian Search Engine(Beta).Can GuruJi Beat Google or Yahoo!!! :lol:

I dont think Guru ji can beat Google yahoo or msn smilar to Guru ji there are thousand's of search engines on the internet. but none of them are even close to competete with google/yahoo etc :(

Lol stupid search engine, its a google ripoff layout is the same as google nothing original yust a couple more wannabe's on the net.Altho I hate google, I stil dont like people stealing other people's layout you shout do that.

Well special, before calling anything stupid you must give some solid reasons, so as to make everyone believe about your fact.

Now, Let me give you some light about this search engines..This company is now supported by sequoia capital (Same company which invested in Google, Apple, Nvidia...in their early days.) So, if the creators of this site (Two IITians, IIT stands for Indian institute of technology...the best engineering college in India and both these people have more than 10 years of experience and were part of many successful startups) were able to convince sequoia capital then I think they stand good chance.

They are not competing with Google as they have not released a search engine for whole the world. It is specific for the Indian audience or people who want to know about India.

I've written more about it at my website : Guruji - the indian search engine

Great News. Nice to see a Indian Search engine but it's layout is completely copied from google. It should have its own layout. But the main thing to watch is how it is going to market the site and make it no. 1 in India. There are some other indian search engines also like khoj.com. Guruji should make a strong database for indian sites but even then it is very difficult to replace the mighty GOOGLE.

The search engine is aimed at a small market, however this market is expanding. But at the same time, the Google search engine searches indian websites as well so I doubt this search engine will get anywhere near the size of google's search. However if they do get big I'm sure Google will counterreact by buying the search engine or something (either Google does it or a company like Yahoo or Microsoft would do it if they see the search engine is interesting enough). I think this search engine has a nice look and gives lots of results, but in the end I think it will still be Google who wins (Like Google always does, hehe)