xisto Community
gursimran2006

When Did You Last Time Get A Bluescreen?

The last time i got a BSOD was probably about 5 months or so ago. May have been less may have been more, well it was when i decided i would install Windows Vista again. So after searching my CD wallet for a while i finally find it, put in the DVD and i had chosen the option to wipe my HDD not dual boot, so i get to the install screen. After about 5 minutes it starts progressing along the bar, it gets to the near end around 98% and then stops for 5 minutes. I was thinking this might be normal as i didnt exactly remember the last install. It finally finishes and im all happy, it reboots as normal and then WHAM i got a BSOD. I was so annoyed and dont know why i got it but tried a re-install and thankfully that was the last BSOD i have got.

I got one just last night. My graphics programs seem to cause some problems. Maybe I don't have enough memory. Also I am using 98 and iExplorer 6.0. iE causes problems as a routine thing on my puter. I get rather tired of rebooting for iE. Then I also get those annoying mid-screen messages about sending a report to iE site. Grr. :lol:

The last time I had a blue screen was when I had my first windows XP and I never had it updated. One day when I was surfing the net [you know what some guys do in the internet..], I suddenly got the bluescreen and I can't do anything about it. I tried restarting and it still came up. So I had no choice but to reformat it...Lesson learned: Update your freaking computer constantly and get a very strong virus protection software and firewall.

Well i must of got lucky because all the this time that i have owned a computer which has been about 10 years i havent had a bluescreen yet. I have heard of my friends and family having problems with windows but i havent yet experienced it and i hope i dont have to. I probably just jinxed myself.

Had one this morning as a matter of fact. Something to do with my Nvidia driver I suspect - this is strange because I havent installed any new drivers... I've only been trying to install this really nasty piece of software called NIS2006 => what a POC. Considering baselining this thing if installing a new driver wont fix it.

[edit]
Seems to be fixed. Turned off hardware acceleration. Apparantly this is a fairly common issue for Dell machines.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us

Edited by jhsmurray (see edit history)

Never since I upgraded to XP.Atleast, on my computer.At school I'd be installing Modem drivers for a computer, on a dual boot machine(haha) and everytime I finished I'd get the blue screen and it'd cancel. Only on the dual boot machines though! Not even the 5 year older transources running XP get em.

oh jeez. lol my last stupid blue screen was when my hard drive failed! after about 2 month of my new dell pc, the harddrive failes. after that the cpu fan failes causing another blue screen. they really make me mad. specially when my hard drive failed. ugh lol.

I received another Blue Screen last night whilst trying to install drivers for my scanner, unfortunately there is barely any sites that will host the XP drivers, not even the official site. So after finding a great site that had thousands of drivers and after an extremely hard time registering without receiving ads or any other form of spam, i made it to the drivers section. I downloaded the driver for Windows XP and importantly for my scanner. I unzipped them, and installed them and then after the installation I got another Blue Screen. It made me so angry and i thought about trying to install the drivers again. Everything went fine until i checked the option to restart my computer and i got the Blue Screen again. Anyone know why this happened?

Honestly, I cannot remember the time when I last got a BSOD. Since I started using Linux, from Kubuntu, to Ubuntu, back to Kubuntu, to openSUSE, then to Arch, I spent less and less time with Windows. I actually only boot Windows when I need to transfer files from my ext3 partitions to my NTFS partitions (I don't use ntfs-3g because of very obvious reliability issues).However, I have one 'funny' experience with Windows XP SP2. I was really surpised that I've made XP unusable by deleting a certain file. I was really shocked that when I try to login after a reboot, the system just hangs after pressing the keyboard. Yes, I was really disappointed that a 3rd-party software driver (Logitech PS2 Keyboard Filter Driver) caused this. The thing is, once the Windows GUI crashes, the whole system crashes. But what the heck, the whole system halts when trying to load a system file that was already deleted.

I get em quite often since I'm always tweaking my system and it either overheats or doesn't like the settings :lol: other than that, about twice a year. But the thing I did notice is that the pcs that I built myself tend to have less bsod than store-bought rigs.

On my one computer it's a good day when I don't get a bluescreen. Then again it is windows ME running way too many programs, many of them horribly build. I know I have gotten a few on my XP computer but the are pretty rare. I think the last one was trying to run Doom 2. That's right Doom 2 not 3 it's a 1994 MS DOS program, something messed up and things started crashing and freezing.

well I had the blue screen of close ot death a few days ago, I think lost most of my hair trying to recover, in which I did recover everything, although it cost me a call to Microsoft to get a new number, because it was changed enough to require a new ID number :P.