xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Sprnknwn

Thinking Of Moving From Trap17 I like to get some ideas to help me decide what to do

Hello, I'm thinking of moving my site in Xisto.com to Xisto - Web Hosting and I?d like advice on which plan fits best with my needs. I?ll try to explain the situation.I have a website in Xisto which runs good, everything?s ok, have no complaints with the service. But it has grown a lot lately and becoming more serious, starting to receive lots of visitors and even lots of spamming robots registering in the forums. I don?t know if it?s because of this or it?s the real visits that I'm getting but since March or April the site reached his bandwidth limit of 5 Gb. It stopped the last 2 or 3 months but this month the site has reached the limit again and sooner than ever... on 18 (three days ago). I just can?t be offline almost half a month since, like I said, the site is becoming something more serious. Although it?s not a business and I don?t want to earn money with it, it?s important for me so I?m thinking now on paid hosting to avoid this, although I never wanted to do this just because I didn't want to become something "pro". Well, I don?t want to bore you with my philosophic dilemmas. :) I'd like to check other hostings, but as I am happy with Xisto I want definitely to have Xisto - Web Hosting as one of my main options. Could you tell me which Xisto - Web Hosting plan fits best to me? I've checked the website but the fact that English is no my language (I can write but not easy to understand technical terms) and that I'm not too familiar to webhosting issues makes me ask you to help me. This is what I need more or less- Disk space: preferably no less than 300 mb and no more than 500.- Bandwidth: Let?s say 10 GB to be sure- Of course PHP and Mysql fully working, at least like in XistoAnd maybe it?ll be time to think of a first level domain (prices with and without domain)And another last question, could I transfer my Xisto site to Xisto - Web Hosting. I mean, automatic transferring.Thanks A LOT to any who read/reply me :)

Edited by Sprnknwn (see edit history)

The budget plan for 5 gig/mth are $2.95 per month and the premium package is only $3.33 per month and allows 33 gig Bandwidth per month, so it would be a no-brainer to take the premium 3S package for the price difference. Identical services because they are hosted on the same cluster of servers.I think Opaque can set-up your new Xisto - Web Hosting account without touching or moving your files, but I am not 100 % certain on that. I know that he has done some trick apache server stuff in the past for other members moving to Xisto - Web Hosting, so maybe I'll let him explain the details.And you would need a Domain-name, too. Computnghost has them as low as $1.80 per year for a dot info and around $8.00 per year for a dot com.Good luck over there. Stop back here any time.

I would recommend PLAN 3S which was launched way after Budget plans and provide resources at extremely cheap prices :-)$3.33 a month OR $33.33 / Year (2 months discount) *around 2.75 a month*For automatic tansfer, At the time of signup, just give us your domain name at Xisto or username at Xisto(cpanel).