xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jmpearso

Trap17's Advertising

I use googles adsense and I have been happy so far. I noticed on another post that an admin here said google was the best. But I notice Xisto doesnt use google? I was just being nosey and curious as to why you use these other ads? Do they pay more? I might wanna switch...hahaThanks a bunch

i personally think from my experiance that eventhough google adsense is very good but their pay per click is very low. maybe thats why the admin doesnt want to use google adsense here in Xisto.

when finally my Google account was disabled! Due to a member who tried to spam on the ads. Frankly, at that time, the first thing that hit my mind was to Close down Xisto. But it was only the responsiblity of so many members and the feeling that I had at the time when my site was closed, I decided to keep up the site. Till now [26 Nov 2004] I have been covering up the expenses from the money I made out of my part time job..
At that time ( when I got my google account disabled), I met another person who had an advertising company. I partnered with him and he in turn introduced my to other companies. Xisto's Traffic statistics were pretty much impressive and It attracted a lot of attention. soon I was accepted by that company and I started a partnership deal to trade off the expense of the site by selling of the top advertising space at Xisto forums.

so there after I Stopped running behind google ads and stuff ( even though they can fetch up 20 times more money that what I am earning of these ads ) but my main motive was to keep the server up and also to keep the site running. Even a little amount enough to keep this site up was quite satisfactory... I haven't made any profits or even any money of this site... Because all my google accounts were disabled at the last moment when I was actually expecting my payments!

So you see, That is the reason trap doesn't go with google ads. OpaQue had some personal "beef" with them and problems over time just meant it was easier and more satisfactory to go with someone else.

Tada! OpaQue is interested in the quality of this service and keeping it running smooth and growing like a good company should, not generating huge amounts of profit (although I'm sure he wouldn't mind the odd bonus :) )...

Trap17's advertsing.... hm. Good subject. Xisto doesn't do alot of advertising, it seems. I don't see ads for it anywhere. I found Xisto through a post that was linked on Google. I don't think Xisto advertises much more than that. But I wouldn't know, I guess.