xisto Community
AlternativeNick

Google And Youtube?

i find it amazing that Youtube was owned by 2 guys in there 2o's and they get to share around ?950 million...mmm so much money..ehem it was a smart business move to buy out a huge competitor i agree. i hope it will still be called youtube not like googletube :)

Perhaps they may combine youtube and google video, since they would not be so smart having 2 video service of themselves fighting each other and wasting money on 2 sites that does exactly the same thing... I do hope they dont delete or change any videos or layout the the site as its has been kind of used to the youtube layout and the way it handle things...

I can olnly say I like the fact that Google is getting stronger and stronger everyday. It seems that Microsoft is starting to get a large piece of the Internet market and it is good to know that they will have some serious competition. Google should keep up the good work!

You know, so many people go about saying this is going to ruin YouTube because Google Video bites. When most of them haven't even tried Google Video. If more people use it, Google would put mroe money in it to make it better, and trust me, the have the money. :)I personally think it will be great. Not to mention all the funny videos out up on YouTube about the two guys who are selling. They're great. :)With Google, how can you go wrong?

I can see Google doing something that will combine both Google Video and YouTube. Pretty soon everything will be Google. But the aquisition of YouTube by Google puts it up front farther than Yahoo! and MSN, etc. I think I heard something about Google trying to move in on eBay?

some updated information, i read in the newspaper again today
youtube owners had met with a few of the multimedia giants, and convinced them that allowing copyrighted material to be posted would benefit the media companies, because it allowed people who use the internet as their sole entertainment medium can now be exposed to TV shows and movies, that otherwise they would have never seen, bringing more viewers to the networks, theaters, etc. so no copyright suits are seen in the near feature

This is very smart business by Google, like what all of you said. Eliminating competition by being the competition. Youtube has been the most popular video uploading site in the internet as of late, more so than google and yahoo. And I can only see more benefits for youtube user, such as the bandwidth and space capacity to upload videos. Regarding the copyrights issue, you mean now we can watch our favourite shows on youtube.com and there will be no restrictions on it being a copyrighted material?

thats what i also heard this maybe true but i hope not as youtube was a very good company as they are please correct me if im wrong but google sometime lies about things but so did youtube

They bought it for 1.65 billion dollars but now they are getting sued for one billion dollars by Viacom......Kinda sucks though, doesn't it?Oh and doesn't Viacom own Neopets now?