xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
irmlm

Why Only 99 Sub Domains?! i need unlimited subdomains

you wrote in the feautures page that we will have unlimited subdomains in your free hosting!!but now as i registered i see that there is only 99 subdomains available! please help me!:)thanks

I think everyone has 99 subdomains, is that a problem though? Surely you dont plan on having 100 or more subdomains of your site?!

I think everyone has 99 subdomains, is that a problem though? Surely you dont plan on having 100 or more subdomains of your site?!

but i use my site to give free blogs! and surly i need lots of subdomains!

When you get to 99 sub-domains, you will probably have bandwidth issues, particularly if there are some 'hot' Blogs in there. At that time, you may want to check out the Xisto - Web Hosting.com Hosting Plans. Xisto - Web Hosting is another Xisto company that provides paid accounts with similar services to the Xisto, but more variety of plans having larger bandwidth allowances.Also, Computnghost.com has domain registration services available, too.

Notice from jlhaslip:
Moving Topic to Support sub-Forum

When you get to 99 sub-domains, you will probably have bandwidth issues, particularly if there are some 'hot' Blogs in there. At that time, you may want to check out the Xisto - Web Hosting.com Hosting Plans. Xisto - Web Hosting is another Xisto company that provides paid accounts with similar services to the Xisto, but more variety of plans having larger bandwidth allowances.
Also, Computnghost.com has domain registration services available, too.

Notice from jlhaslip:
Moving Topic to Support sub-Forum

:)
We're in the Xisto - Web Hosting forum!

The reason for 99 subdomains is because the server requires that some number be entered. Since it was unlikely that any account would ever actually use 99 subdomains, that was the nice round number that was used. Pretty sure if you need more, you need only ask but that is up to OpaQue.

We're in the Xisto - Web Hosting forum!

Yikes!... but the member is 'Hosted', so I presumed he was referring to Xisto...

Perhaps irmlm could specify which service he is talking about and a Mod could move this topic if he is discussing the Xisto Hosted account?

And thanks for that info, vujsa. :)

I mean HELLOOOOO, it is 99 subdomains dude!!! Are you conscious how much is that?!?! I mean you have 150 MB in best case, you have 5GB of bandwith, and you like need more subdomains... I think 99 is good enought!Other thing, you get the best free host in whole wide World...

after about 1 day you will no longer see 99 Sub-Domains but you will see Unlimited. it takes a while for the cpanel server to refresh as it has to be given a number before it will update to Unlimited.

I mean HELLOOOOO, it is 99 subdomains dude!!! Are you conscious how much is that?!?! I mean you have 150 MB in best case, you have 5GB of bandwith, and you like need more subdomains...

I think 99 is good enought!

Other thing, you get the best free host in whole wide World...

Once again, this is the Xisto - Web Hosting forum!

It is more than likely that the users PAID account is completely different than our free accounts.

It is possible that the user has the $3.33 / month plan or better.

The $3.33 plan comes with 2.1GB storage an 33.3GB bandwidth.

So it is possible to use 99+ subdomains without too much effort!

Please don't comment if you cannot provide this user with positive support.

@irmlm: Please clarify your question. Are you using a paid package at Xisto - Web Hosting.com? If you are, you should note that Xisto - Web Hosting did not state that unlimited subdomains would be provided.

@irmlm: Please clarify your question. Are you using a paid package at Xisto - Web Hosting.com? If you are, you should note that Xisto - Web Hosting did not state that unlimited subdomains would be provided.

i use the free hosting at the trap 17.com !! and cause of what is wrote in this page:http://forums.xisto.com/ , i made this topic!thanks
Notice from jlhaslip:
Moving to Xisto - Support Questions from the Xisto - Web Hosting support topic as per OP's reply confirming Xisto account is being discussed.

Who would ever need 99 sub domains in the first place? :) At the moment I'm not using any myself at the moment.