xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tractor

North Korea Claims Successful Nuclear Tests

I don't think that should be our main concern at the moment. Right now, North Korea are arming themselves to protect against US instability. They don't know what we're going to do, and having a few nukes in their pocket will give them a bargaining chip. They need those nukes for their own protection (or so they believe, anyway). I doubt they would just sell them like that. It is much more likely that Iran would sell nuclear devices (or at least the supplies needed to construct them) to terrorists, since they are more sympathetic (they have pledged to wipe Israel off the face of the Earth, after all, and we are Israel's ally, so when they make good on that promise, we all go to war).

In my opinion tehyev, NK's are already Terrorists themself, i mean, they are testing nuclear bombs on our mother nature, what worst terrorist do you know?!But not only NK's test nuclear bombs, the french and USA also love to take care of nature!

Now they've started threatening the rest of the world to actually shoot off nuclear tiped missiles. I'm not sure if they can do it with a long range missile, but short range....that could be a problem. This was always the threat, but China is going to have to do something about it. And they may just do something.

well if north korea act against china/japan/south korea then it could become a world war. then america and possible a few europe nations will wipe out north korea and pretty much just utter chaos from then on in. hope they don't get australia ivolved, then again i don't live in the most populated city so i should be ok for a while.......

The DPRK (NK) have been willing to sell other military hardware for cash in the past. Given their track record, it is possibly and even likely that they may sell nukes to other states and even non-state actors. It's hard to believe that anyone would be that stupid, but with Jim Jong Il.....As far as NK's asserstion that the US was going to strike first....that's just bloody crazy. Now the US might have attempted a shoot down of a DPRK MRBM (not sure if it really can be called an ICBM) with the Ageis cruiser system might have happened if the rocket hadn't exploded a few seconds after lift off. While there is a good chance the the ground based interceptors and kill vechciles designed to be placed in Alaska will never work, the Ageis system has proven sucessful in shooting down ICBM's over the Pacific. I think at last tally they were 5/6. Not sure how well that would work in teh real world, but rest assured any crusier would be firing a salvo of the SM-3 ABM varrients at any ballistic missile launched from NK. I wouldn't be shocked to see the US secretly rush the ABL 747 out into service either. Although not designed for testing until next year, I'm sure that the crew at Kirtland are now working around the clock to get something that could go sooner than that if called upon. Then you also have the new Patriot missiles that are based in Japan. While designed to shoot down cruise missiles and shorter ranged missiles, the Patriots should be able to provide some defense. Oh course, nukes are like horseshoes...you only have to get close to do a lot of damage. Although those that were hypercritical of the Bush ABM plan....that ABM defense shield idea is looking a tad bit wiser these days.

Just when the problems in some other country's start to rest North Korea jumps in to assure the world that possible descruction is still possible, good game Korea (Not really)! All this seeking for power is sure to lead to a third world war at some point, and this time it will be serious with all the nuclear weaponry available.

There has been a second large quake in N. Korea. S. Korea thinks it is a second nucular test. It was the nations first atomic blast. An Australian goverment agencie said they have there fears because they don't think this was the last seeing this or the tests. The quakes was huge a agnitude 6.0 with no other signs of it besides an atomic blast. It was off the coast of Korea with is under the water. The united states goverment is now under strict rules keeping watch on N. Korea. The united states will not talk but a spokesman said that they will NOT attack. And are saying N. Korea has no thoughts of inading the United states. Chinesse goverments are now saying they will not block all trades and funding going to N. Korea afraid of an attack. South Korea said the quake was smaller then expected from an atomic explosion. But that a sucessful small explosion means it will work in bigger tests. That is what they are afraid of.

I would rather hope that the latest nuclear test doesnt start a race among rival nations to show off their own nuclear power as it would ultimately land us into more trouble. Why cant the world leaders(nuclear crazy leaders in particular) think in a constructive way for a change?

Because there will always be nukes. Even if every country in the world officially disarmed, there would be some who would see it as a chance to take power by building something no one else has. On one hand, if we hoard nuclear weapons, there will always be tension and fingers poised right over the "launch" button, but if we call let our guard down, there will be others, whom we don't suspect, who will see their chance and take it.There's an equilibrium somewhere, we just haven't found it.

I haven't taken the time to read the whole board, but to me North Korea is like the pug dog of the world. Acts all tough and mighty, but really isn't. First off, why in the world pick a fight with China and Japan? Japan is one heads in technogy and China has one of the largest armys in the world. If North Korea has nuclear weapons it really wouldn't matter in the long run even if they do succeed in blowing up some parts of Japan and China. I don't think North Korea has as large of a military force as he is claiming either, because they are in such economic shambles as it is. Even if they did have such a great army its still no match for China's Army and Japans weapons. All they are trying to do is give reason for Japan and China to come in and invaid, blow North Korea to the moon. If the leader of North Korea even cares about his people, he would stop picking fights with the wrong people. :)

Well I just read on Yahoo! News that the UN has finally taken a decision regarding what do to with the North Koreean situation (for more details on this subject Click Here). It's nothing major... like the open war USA wanted, but it is good to know the United Nations still have some power left. Of course I don't really expect that some economical penalties will stop North Koreea from developing nuclear weapons. Indeed the worldis having a huge problem right now.
Well besides the fact that North Koreea is a comunist country I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to use nuclear weapons. I mean USA, Great Britain, France, etc... has them so why should them be suprised that somebody else also wants the bomb. And it isn't fair that since the USA has the nuclear bomb they should just: "Why should you have it?". In other words I have a candy, why should you have one. Of course I don't approve putting a weapon of mass destruction into the hand of a crazy leader, but the USA and the rest of the world should remember that they also have the nuclear bomb and until they will not destroy them they won't be able to say "Disarm!" to other! It is, of course my point of view...

Either way, the USA is losing its foothold as one of the leaders in Nuclear Technology as more and more small countries come into the power and ability to build their own nuclear weapons. Not only that, but as terrorist groups and crime syndicates become more powerful, nuclear materials are becoming even easier for countries to get their hands on.
Watch out USA, watch out!

If the USA wanted to, we could nuke North Korea into a giant radioactive lake. We don't, though. There's not reason enough yet or even evidence to prove North Korea's tested weapon was nuclear at all in nature. If it was nuclear in nature, it was a pretty pathetic one. I don't think North Korea even has the know-how, since they seem a little Three Stooge-ish currently, bumbling around with weapons and a piss-poor economy. What are they going to fire their nukes on, anyway? The missles? I'm afraid Kim Jong Il's having a little erectile dysfunction in that field. Ker-splash. I don't doubt for a second that he'd sell it to the first person bidding, but I do doubt it would work at all.

If the USA wanted to, we could nuke North Korea into a giant radioactive lake. We don't, though. There's not reason enough yet or even evidence to prove North Korea's tested weapon was nuclear at all in nature. If it was nuclear in nature, it was a pretty pathetic one. I don't think North Korea even has the know-how, since they seem a little Three Stooge-ish currently, bumbling around with weapons and a piss-poor economy. What are they going to fire their nukes on, anyway? The missles? I'm afraid Kim Jong Il's having a little erectile dysfunction in that field. Ker-splash. I don't doubt for a second that he'd sell it to the first person bidding, but I do doubt it would work at all.

Kioku, yes, the US could nuke North Korea if they wanted to, but that wouldn't be a very smart move. North Korea would never be able to shoot missiles back to the US due to the distance factor. And even if they made superlong range rockets that could travel half the world, if im not mistaken, there are a few US submarines off the US coast that have anti-air capabilities and can shoot down any missiles coming their way.

Therefore, the logical move for North Korea will be to shoot the missils to a neighbouring country. China? South Korea? Maybe even Japan. Who knows where they've got the missiles targeted. And that's why no one is going to destroy North Korea. Because even though China has a standing army of triple North Korea's population (estimate), even though the US can nuke half the landmass of North Korea with only their submarines near South Korea right now, even though Japan is technologically 20 years more advanced than North Korea, no country in the world dares to do anything because if North Korea does have nuclear weapons, millions of people could potentially die. And that just aint worth it.

So why did the US go ahead with Iraq and Afghanistan, you ask? Simply because those countries didnt have the nuclear capabilities to threaten anyone. If they did, the US wouldnt have gone in and attacked blindly. They're not that stupid. They would have started negotiations and talks like they're doing with North Korea, or made allies with them, like with Pakistan.

So, I believe that it wasn't a waste for North Korea to show that they had a nuclear weapon. They need that show of strength to continue talks and to stop any other country from invading.

Your views?

Dont worry about North Korea at all.After the second Irak war and the crusadeagaints People who don?t wont to live to " BUY " it was clear that only anuke can stop USA to attack a weak country.NKorea are *BLEEP*s but they are not stupid.Nukes are the only shield for theire homeland otherwise i thinkUS would attack them after Irak is finished.I hate governements , I love peopleOnly Governemts win anything in a war.and Traders of courseIts always the same in history.(sry for my bad english:))same in Iran

Why is North Korea testing so many times? It's not like the bomb won't blow up...They might be showing off, or threatening other countries.... something like "don't you dare attack my country" thing.Just a side note.... supposedly North Korea has only 1 single webmaster....nice site they have.... http://www.korea-dpr.com/ (don't want a direct link in case they don't like my comments and hunt me down lol) lol so web one point oh and their domain isn't even their own TLD since they probably don't have one. When you click ENTER you enter the nice webpage of their leader... :S Do they even have internet in North Korea?If you WHOIS the domain, you'll find that information is marked "NA" instead of the correct information, which is illegal of course...