xisto Community
vujsa

I Need A Banner And Logo Please Suggestions and finished products welcome

Well, once again I am here requesting help for my website. Previously I was looking for a site banner for my Volkswagen website VW One but now I have another site to work on which is Handy PHP. Handy PHP is just what it sounds like, a website for sharing PHP resources with anyone that visits. Among the featured content of the website is Handy PHP Tutorials and Handy PHP Functions that I have written. I have designed the website using teal which is what I'll be sticking with. For the complementing and additional colors of the website I used the Color Scheme Generator 2 as my guide. Like I said, I will be staying with the colors outlined in that link so please keep that in mind. The current website banner is temporary and is just a place holder for now. What I really need is a site logo and or a site banner with that logo. I think if I have a logo idea I can manage the rest on my own but I'll consider any input or graphics submitted. Take a look at the website and see what you think would be a good banner / logo for it. I'll also review any other suggestions that you may have for the website.

Thank You. vujsa

Edited by OpaQue (see edit history)

The HandyPHP link doesn't work for me :/

Got it! I see no images, so let me know what kind of scheme you're looking for.

Edited by biscuitrat (see edit history)

Well, something simple and clean since the website is for programmers. We tend to not need a lot of flash unless we are Flash programmers. :)

I think the website will probably remain pretty dry and techie so maybe something along those lines.

Anyhow, here are a few descriptive phrases to describe the website:

PHP Tools

PHP Resources

PHP Library

PHP Web Design

The site will need a logo which can be translated into a favicon later. Not necessarily the same image for both but one as the inspiration of the other.

Other than that, I can't really give too much help since I have no idea what I want. I guess I would suggest that you not work too hard on finish product but instead a rough idea!

Thanks,

vujsa

Edited by vujsa (see edit history)

Yeah, my ISP was just screwing up the link - still is, I have to manually type out links. I'll get on it. If you don't have a preferred color scheme, I'll probably lean towards grays, blues, blacks, some random bright color for an accent. Those seem pretty techy colors for me, unless you have a theme in mind. I'll probably finish it tomorrow after school, so e-mail me (profile), IM me (alos profile) or PM me with any suggestions for it.

Posted Image

-Concept art. I can always change the colors, but I was wondering if you were all right with something like that. I can always modify the logo, and I was actually thinking of because this doesn't convey "happy" or "php" very well. Lemme know what you think!

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Merging.

Is it HAPPYPHP or HANDYPHP?I was going to give few suggestions. Since I am no good with any original concepts, how about playing with the word HANDY? HANDY is usually associated with the mood of being a tool, quick, useful etc. Take another step and think "handy man"... as in hired help, toolman, etc.Now think with "handy php"... a quick useful tool, can be hired to help...How about spelling out HANDY with tools that resembles them? Or H with a ruler, A a ladder, etc...I'm not sure if this shares vujsa's vision.

Posted Image

-Concept art. I can always change the colors, but I was wondering if you were all right with something like that. I can always modify the logo, and I was actually thinking of because this doesn't convey "happy" or "php" very well. Lemme know what you think!

Looks pretty good actually!

A couple of things though. :)

Might be a good idea to change "happy" to "handy". I could stick with it but I'd have to edit all of my posts here and at Xisto as well as buy a new domain name. :)

I think I would prefer a teal (#009999) background since the banner should blend into the overall header of the website. The background could have a bit of texture to it as well.

As for the logo, the pie graph oval is kind of nice. I like the simple look. The website isn't really about complexity and intricacy so the basic look is in.

Keep in mind that Y! dosen't really convey search engine but it worked for Yahoo for a long time!

I think that if noth else is done with the image, it will still serve as inspiration for me as I continue to tweak my website.

By the way, I see that you use photobucket! Did you know that the owner of this site now has an image hosting site at ImageFilez

Thanks for the help.

I know, but I've used Photobucket for forever. I can definitely work in a teal, but reds appeal to me, as you can see. They're all very vibrant colors. And actually, for some reason the document didn't save as the highest quality or something, because the one on my computer is a great deal more vibrant. I'll make the changes and get it back to you with some other random images - and good point about Yahoo!

Concept 2:

Posted Image

Gotta take my dog to the vet really fast so I'll be gone for a little while.

Concept 2:

Posted Image

Gotta take my dog to the vet really fast so I'll be gone for a little while.

That is pretty good I think. I think that the foreground will need to be a little larger since the site banner area is 800 X 150. I think that the overall design will work well on my website.

The background should be more defined and technical looking. Perhapes geometric patterns.

I don't know for sure. If you don't mind, I think I'd like to play with your concept a little on my own. Please continue to share you thoughs and talents with me.

Well, yeah, but I was thinking of floating a linkable header image on a background. Glad to know that you like it! I'll get you a background soon.