xisto Community
the_aggie10

Cpanel12?

well apparently there IS a cpanel 12 in the making http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
it looks pretty cool to me...but my question is will Xisto pick this up or stay will cpanel 10? or whatever it is right now? i would love to see us pick it up!

sounds outrageous....how long does it take to do that? i mean they have released a demo of it? could it be more than a couple of months? or are we looking at a few weeks? also will the change affect members already hosted? or will we have to take everything out and redo it all?...or maybe it (meaning the demo) has been released for awhile and i have just now come across it lol

Edited by the_aggie10 (see edit history)

It shouldn't affect the members in anyway except maybe loss of Cpanel access temporarily. The release date of the Cpanel depends on when they get all the bugs and kinks fixed in it and what not. You really can't tell unless they already have a release date set up. I don't think there will be any problem with the upgrade it's just a matter of time.

interesting set there. Almost looks like another skin and not a new version. SHould be interesting what or if anything new comes with it.

Holy crap, there's a cPanel 11? And now a 12?! Where have I been these past few months? :)

Concerning the 12: I REALLY like how ours look now. The 12 version just seems ugly and overdone. Not only does it use frames (ick!) but its graphics are really fuzzy, not clean and crystally. In addition, who likes the tooltips? The text is tiny and the edges are jagged. And the necessity for them could be avoided without fear if they made their links clearer - which they don't need to. It's a small mercy that they can be disabled. As far as the information area goes, I like the concept of using blocks to show what percentage of something has been done, but the blocks are ridiculously ugly looking. Not to mention, the column is squished and Biskie is confused.

I know this is just a test, but if the final version ends out looking like this, can we please stay with what we have? Or maybe 11, since I haven't seen that yet? Bad cPanel, bad!

Edited by biscuitrat (see edit history)

Holy crap, there's a cPanel 11? And now a 12?! Where have I been these past few months? :)

Concerning the 12: I REALLY like how ours look now. The 12 version just seems ugly and overdone. Not only does it use frames (ick!) but its graphics are really fuzzy, not clean and crystally. In addition, who likes the tooltips? The text is tiny and the edges are jagged. And the necessity for them could be avoided without fear if they made their links clearer - which they don't need to. It's a small mercy that they can be disabled. As far as the information area goes, I like the concept of using blocks to show what percentage of something has been done, but the blocks are ridiculously ugly looking. Not to mention, the column is squished and Biskie is confused.

I know this is just a test, but if the final version ends out looking like this, can we please stay with what we have? Or maybe 11, since I haven't seen that yet? Bad cPanel, bad!

well maybe they will make it to where you can choose your own skin? that would be nice huh?yea the blocks aren't very attractive i agree...

I had a look at that cPanel 12 and I definitly do not like it. It looks like something microsoft would have made. The cPanel that trap is using is the best so far by far.

its not called cpanel 12 it will be called cPanel Evolution abnd will contain tons more features than cpanel 10. Im not sure if WHM will be getting a new look and more features but none of you need to wory about that unless you have WHM with another host.

I like the new CPanel, it's much smarter and more productive. However the default look they show in the demo is less than satisfactory. I'd happily use this, but only if they changed the way it looked to be a bit more stylish and professional.

Personally, I actually like the new CPanel much better. It's much more detailed, it has much more first-glance information, it has frames, (which I, incidentally, like) it has many more links and detailed destriptions, it's basically all-around better.

i think its quite good but i still prefer the current one (icons for everything looks better than just 6)