xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jw13

Question About Trojan Horse how to remove them?

hi
this is the 1st time i am here, so sorry if i posted in the wrong section

i received a url thru msn messenger, i clicked on it and i got trojan horse on my pc
i cant remove it with AVG virus scan
this is the report:
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k199/jinwun/viruss.jpg

can anyone help me?
thanks in advance.

Notice from jlhaslip:
Welcome to the Trap. I will move it for you.

Check here for avast download:
http://forums.xisto.com/topic/39439-useful-freeware-applications/
Run it on your computer to see if it will whack it.

Otherwise, google on that message that AVG gives you.
Have you updated the AVG lately?
Might need to do that, too, but it is finding the bug, so it can't isolate and quarantine the thing?

Delete the zip and the exe files, the other virus are inside those zip and exe files, you just need to delete them, that is all.Also update your avg and reboot, and things will go back to normal for sure.

Yep, just an example of why you should know what you're clicking on when you click on something in an instant messaging program, and especially you should know the person sending you the link. I hate the ones in AIM where you click on a link and it downloads something that sends the link to all the people on your buddy list, then the chain goes on forever if they click on it (usually they will.)

i deleted all the exe n zip filebut the trojan horse installed some files in my pcso whenever i online, the AVG cvirus scan will come out a notice saying that a trojan horse is foundi tried to delete those files installed by trojan horse but it says :cannot delete file, make sure that the file is not write-protectedhow do i delete them?

download a better virus scanner or boot into safe mode and delete it as if in safe mode it only loads the essential files and a virus is not essential.

reformat -> install linux

LOL so true.

But on a serious note do what jlhaslip said and download avast. Then run it and get to grips with it, do a thorough scan whic could take an hour or two depending on your system specs and size of files. Once compelte just use your pc as normal for a lil while then scan again. If it finds it again then stop the scan. And go into the options menu (i think its options or "file" but if you use the simple interface it looks like the eject symbol) then schedule a boot time scan and reboot. Itll boot your PC into a special mode where only avast anti virus is running. Itll catch the bugger while its still asleep.

And for anyone else i belive the message is something like

OMG is this you?somesite.com/photos?photo=12345

Firefox will tell you its a shortcut to an MS-DOS application which is definately not a photo! Once installed i think it send itself through your address list so if i were you i would warn everyone you talk to not to click that link!!!

^thanx again for all the suggestions

i think i have cleared the trojan horse n virus

but there is another problem

when i open a new IE, there will be this IE poping up together

i thought it was called a "pop-up" so i turned on the pop-up blocker but its useless ><

any solution???

SOmetimes I get them them on my computer. I get a warnign saying that my computer is infected. It usually gives you a name and an extension where to find it. The file extension is important becuase you can use the windows search function and search for the extension. Once you find the file you can just delete it. that is what i do. Whatever you do don't open it.

the Trend Micro free online virus scan is great, and so are their software. I recommend Pc-cillin Security Suite 14. It has kept my computer really safe from viruses / spyware.

Here are some steps that you can folloe to remove the trojan horse from your computer.1. Disconnect your internet connection so that other computers dont get affected 2. reboot in safe mode search for trojan files your antivirus may have detected and delete the files.3 if still doesnt work or your antivirus did not detected the trojan horse.restore your computer to a back date.4. Never try opening any unsolicited emails.5 try another antivirus like norton.6. clear your temporary interner files and clear the cache.