xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
enterprise

Xbox 360 Worth Spending $400?

Id rather get a PS3 or Wii because they werent as rushed as the Xbox 360, and likewise, they are going to have better hardware, especially the PS3 with the Ageia PhysX and Blu-Ray.

i think that Blu-Ray wont really take off until its commercially introduced to the PC market like DVD was.

the Wii on the other hand i dont know if i could really be bothered like the game cube sucked but the Wii has promised so much i dont think it can deliver

Yes, it's worth it. Even if your playing regular xbox games, you can still go into the dashboard and chat with friends playing a different game. Also, if you buy a vision camera with it, you can chat while using it, and the new games are always a plus. The only downside is some of the early ones made had some problems, if you havn't got one yet it should be fine.

Personally I don't think either the PS3 or Xbox 360 are worth how much they are.You can buy a Xbox with maybe 10 games for about 150$ on Ebay.Def. not worth it.Xbox 360 has had its issues releasing too earlyPS3 is nice, but way too expensive for games 60$ range.

Yes, it is worth it now because they have made some major improvements on it and added the HDMI to it which makes it even more worth it. Now the 360 has been dropped and it costs 350 instead of the 400 for the premium system and the core system has been dropped to 279 instead of the standard 300 before. I am guessing they might drop it a bit more once the Christmas holiday comes along just because they want to make more sales so they usually drop the price a little to make it more appealing. It probably wont be much of a drop but there will be a little bit of a drop. So overall i would say that the system is worth it, if you are a gamer then its worth it by far.

I say WAIT for the PS3 (to both advance in tech. and price). Xbox360 sure as hell is one great gaming console, but in the long run - We KNOW ps3 will be the best. :XD: (NO! Don't QUOTE me on this!)I've only tried a few games on ps3 and as much as that - I can with no problems say it was BETTER than the 360' . Still - If you can't wait, waste 400$ on that premium now, or save them up, and by the time PS3 drops at PRICES and features go UP - You might aswell have gotten a few hundred bucks more - USE THEM ON THIS WONDERFUL CONSOLE ;DBut yeah! Xbox360 is a cool gaming system overall, and lots of nice games both upcoming and released.So conclusion:"Gotta' game! Gotta' game!" < Get 360 now and save your nerves. >"I want the best, but i'll wait for it!" < Save yourself for the PS3 - I know I would. >

The the price of the xbox was lowered in Europe this week, of course with the $1bn that it will cost in replacements part they might have to bump that price up again just to turn around a profit. Imagine that, 1 billion dollars to replace parts; however, I will never get an Xbox because those bulky controllers is what ruined it for me I be sticking with Sony until my hands fall off.

Gaming is unjustifiably expensiveXbox 360 Worth Spending $400?

Video gaming has become very expensive, inflation aside.  To cough up cash for a brand new console is a big investment, not to mention the exhorbitant costs of brand new games to play on that console.

This is the reason I don't play video games anymore; the costs are simply outrageous.  Why?  Video games are very popular and command a high dollar, because many people are willing to pay the high costs regardless of their true value.  I also cannot justify another monthly expense for something like Xbox Live etc.  Many multiplayer pc games are going the same route as well; mthly fees to play their game.  You've paid full retail price for a game off the shelf, now you have to pay mthly to play the game?  Come on...Ridiculous to me, yet perfectly justifiable to the younger generation that feels they are getting their monies worth.  Please don't reply with a 'can't afford mthly fee' argument.  Wrong.  I can afford/justify all my other mthly / yrly expenses.  But I would never justify paying continuously for the priviledge of playing a game.

If you aren't hell bent on getting the latest system, getting a used system is certainly viable after a few years.

-reply by Bill Longspur

Wow, you replied to a two-year old post. You even generalized the topic. Both a plus in my book. I guess you are looking at games through the eyes of a veteran gamer. Game have changed a lot over the years. Development is a lot more expensive, therefore, games are more expensive. I agree with you that paying a monthly fee sucks, but I wouldn't put Live in the same category as WOW. Live allows you to play all your games online. Although the service could be free, the fact that we do pay for it allows us to demand a good performance. You know probably more than most that when its free, you are basicly assed out if something goes wrong.Now paying $60 for a game is just ridiculous, but thats an argument in itself. I personally have turned to modding my box and getting my games in the same manner.Look at what movies have become. $10 for just 2 hours of entertainment. At least for $60 I can get 100hrs plus out of a game, so it all might just be relevant.If you really love gaming, then maybe its worth the price, after all, we have to a hobby.