xisto Community
enterprise

Best Video Editing Software

does anybody know any good video editing softwares for windows xp. i need one that is really good and can handle .avi, .mpg, .mpeg, .wmv, etc. also one that is affordable, maybe below 40$. i hope maybe some of you can help me out :)

Windows Movie Maker (which should be included with Windows XP). If that's not enough, Download Apple Quicktime and then buy the Pro key ($30). The combination of Quicktime Pro and Movie Maker should be able to handle most of your tasks.Quicktime Pro has some limited editing ablities, but it's main feature is that it can read and write most formats with the execption of Real formats. So then you can convert the MPEG into AVI and then import into movie maker to do some edits/add sound/etc.

When I was using windows movie maker, I kept getting audio synch issues with my clips. Very annoying when trying to match visual cues with music. Sony Vegas is nice, but all its hyped up to be for the price; but still a very good editor.

Haaahhh, i have it and all i can say is Adobe Premiere PRO is the best video software editing out there, but WOOWWw, its about $720!!!! :blink: OMG!! are that expensive those programs on US?anyway i also recommend Ulead 8, its kinda cheap and its very powerful.

What are you talking about Premiere sucks... on a PC, the best editing software is avid. It's what the people in the industry use. It was and still is being used for almost all major movies nowadays.But, as a mac guy, I'd have to say final cut is the best editing software, but both avid and final cut cost money.There is really no decent editing software for windows, If you decide to go to a mac, iMovie is free. It's got everything you'd ever need. It's like the mac's version of windows movie maker but 10 times better.

windows movie maker came free alrdy installe don my pc an i fink its rubbish i use Camtasia Studio it can record ur desktop an edit like windwos but i fink it looks an is much better

If you don't mind paying and are doing your video editing on a Windows PC you should definately go with Avid. It is by far the most powerful video editing software out there. Yeah it takes a little knowledge to use it, but it is the most professional editing software on the market. Large scale movie producers use it, so why shouldn't you too?I'm not sure what the website to get information on Avid is, but sure a good old Google search could help you out with that one. :)

apple final cut pro is my best video editing software...it's very easy to use n professional video editing software.dunno how much it costs( i got it from my fren)...why dunt u google it n find urself(ahh cos i'm too lazy for that)

Sony Vegas is good.......... if you like spending money, same with Apple iMovie HD or whatever its called. But I have seen a lot of movies edited with Vegas and it seems like the best if your a hardcore movie editor person.