xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
the_aggie10

Need Help/ Comments On My Site

yes lave that as is. ok enough posting here, this is a showcase place where you get reviews not HTML help, if yoou need HTML help please post it in the Programing Languages -> HTML forum

Keep the doctype intact at the top of your page, before ANY OTHER BIT OF CODE. Okay, lemme address this real fast:

1) You DON'T NEED meta tags for everything.
2) Don't use frames please. Grab yourself a layout from http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and do things the CSS way. Frames are not only annoying but you can do it with divs BETTER as well as neater. Plus it's all standards-y. You can pull frames off, but don't.
3) Well...a page needs color and content. You, at this time, have neither. I honestly think the quality of the content matters more than the quality of the design, as long as there's a decent design - that means, making it pretty should be secondary to making the content good. Some people take too long to do that.
4) Eghhhh depreciated tags. Since you're using HTML 4.01 (your doctype - document type - at the top of the page states this), it's fine to use CENTER, etc. But if you're going to be using a Glish.com layout, don't bother with that. You can state it in the CSS like this for text:

text-align:center;
Best of luck with this. I'll stop by more and more once this random hacker thing with my site gets resolved. HATE HATE HATE.

<3
Edited by biscuitrat (see edit history)