xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
berakd

My Old Commodore 64 I found my first computer in garage

A few days ago, I was cleaning my garage. In one corner behind a lot of boxes in one box I have found my first computer... It is Commodore 64. Then, I wanted to turn it on, to remember my very first games I played... Then I pluged in a power cable and antenna cable, and turn the switch on, but nothing happend. Power LED was not on, but on screen I could see a totaly black picture. I opened it and nocking on capacitors, transistors, and there was the problem. My commodore was just need a litle knockong... I can see a picture. Now ut works fine... I have a lot of cassettes with games on them, but most of them does not work because 1989, is not near behind us...Now... I am turned it on, and I can not remember what should I type to rum a game... I have tried run, but nothing happends.Please, can you give to me a link with tutorials for that qbasic programing language. I do not know anything about it, so... Selp me please...

Thanks man, that is what I was looking for! Great! Now I can play with my commodore! I do not know why, but now commodore is more interestind than this PC... Hehe... Graphics in games is litle blah, but, ok, it was 1989 when someone wrote those games... Cool!

I think it was the command LOADThe computer answer with 'Press PLAY to continue' When the game is loaded you have to give the command RUN(thats what I remember from the old days).B.t.w. There are commodore 64 emulators on the net , even with games and so.So if you need games you can try these images, you just need a connection between your PC and C64.

i think i had one before too, i cant really remember using it or anything but i'm positive i saw one in the garage one time. we may have thrown it away, cant remeber what we did with it. the oldest computer i remember actually using was the 486. it was godly at the time, only soon to be run out by the pentiums. ahh the good old days, love those old-shool dos games. ;]

Mmmm... Commodore 64... That was the machine... I still have it too, though it hasn't been used in quite a while...I believe the command was LOAD "$", 8, to load a catalogue, or folder list from the casette player, and LOAD "$", 8, 1 to load list from 1541 (i think it's 1541) diskette drive...There is some girl, that bought schemes for C64 from Commodore when they went bankrupt, and she is making a C-1 (C One)... It's supposed to be a computer with programmable CPU, so it could basicaly run anything, from Commodore, via ATARI, Amstrad, Spectrum, to PC and Mac software... Google for it, and you'll find it...Only catch is, it's still high pre-alpha version, so it's for nerds only, and it costs about 200 USD, something like that... Oh yeah, it's hand made :)

hey guys, im not really into the commodore (i prefer the good old Apple ][), anyway, theres still loads of parts available, check out ebay if you need anything, I found crazy stuff for the Apple ][, like getting a SD Flash card to run on it!