xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mich

Another Non-caring Large Corporation This time it is Bank of America

Had another head butting with a large corporation. This time it is the Bank of America. Seems they merged with MBNA America or took them over, whatever. Anyway, I received a new credit card in the mail from BofA with a new account number. Now this wouldn't be a problem, except that I have a vendor charging a monthly payment on the account; who, of course, will be sending the charge through on the original account number. BofA's new account number arrived on Saturday, 3 days before the vendor is due to send through the charge. I called BofA about this and was told that the charge should go through on the old account number, but I should notify the vendor about the change before next month's charge is sent through. Well, now, this raised the hair on the back of my neck. THEY changed the account number and they expect ME to bear the responsibility of notifying the vendor. Now I don't have a toll free number for the vendor, who is out of my state. I pointed it out to them that it was going to cost me to make this notification and I thought they should bear the resposibility since THEY initiated the change. You will never guess what they offered. THEY had the toll free number for this vendor. Now how is this? They have more information about the vendor than I do and they still expect me to take responsibility for notification of the change.

I jumped on line today to see if the vendor charge came through on the original account number, and it was posted today. As soon as this month's payment is posted I am going to cancel my credit card with them. I don't need this hassle on top of all that I have recently had with MBNA; about which I have previously vented. I have done business with this same credit card for 10 years now and have had more trouble with them in the last few months than I have had over all those years. Enough is Enough.

I guess when I call the vendor with this information, they will just have to send me monthly statements to pay. We shall see how they react.

Yeah, those big corporations don't really care about the users because they usually have (1) monopoly (ei: Microsoft) or (2) so many users they don't care if they loose one. And howcome they can still charge the old number? Wasn't it changed already?And yeah, this seems to be the best thing to do. Cancel your account and encourage other on a widely populated forum to do so. Show them that we care!!!

I havent had any issues with Bank Of America yet, but i probably wont when and if i get a new bank card, or a new account #, b ut my suggestion to you is go find another bank, one with higeher intrest rates in savings accounts, because they only offer .50% intrest rates, and that sucks, there areother banks outt here that offer 8 and 9 % intrest rates :) and in this case, intrest rates are good!Seems that buisnesses dont like you at all huh?