xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
special

Sites Disapeard, Mysql Errors? Also Server Folders Deleted

Hello its 15:40 and I login see if everything runs oke, and I see numerus things deleted my mysql is working again. Whats going on? My Webpage couple websites got deleted, and server folder files now whats going on? :) my forum also give errors but mysql db stil there :P...

What have you installed before errors popped out? Please give more details to what happened before and after the problem.

Actually its a standard phpbb plus installation, it work but when I got to bed and woke up again. All errors on the forum and folders missing even server folders. That come with standard installation.I dident do anything they simply disapeard :P dunno why or who hope the admin coud see the logs or something :) if a ( person ) did this I want his ip ban him on anything I can. I dunno what happen :P

Check the logs folder for access logs and error logs. That may help us. If available, please attach them. :)

Can you get into your cpanel? It appears that you have a re-direct to the forum sub-domin in place. Take that off and see if you can use the regular url to get to your main page. If you deleted the index.htm(l) which is created on the account start-up, there should be a directory listing of the files in the public_html folder.Another thing: Have you deleted the /install/install.php file as per the standard phpbb instructions?

Dude serieusly thats so vage I dont get it. I can add / remove subdomains. But my subdomain folders disapeard well most of them only forum / support are stil there. And forum = dead.And mydkeurope.europenetwork.trap17.com (dkeurope)europelogd.europenetwork.trap17.com (europelogd)simply removed + my server folders where standard are also gone. Now I dont get you what you mean.

If you can access the cpanel, list out the file that exist in the account root folder please.That is the folder cpanel takes you to on entry. There should be a public_html folder on that list.Please do that and send me a pm or post it on the topic.

hmm ive never came across this problem before, all i can sugest is you checking the server logs as its not like phpbb to delete your folders and none of the admins could have as they are not allowed to touch your files. did anyone else know your cpanel password?

Edited by mxweb (see edit history)

Rawacces log:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I dont know how to use these files linux stuff. Take a look plz.

Also solution for this, mysql databases seem to be oke. and also the cpanel etc. Yust the files from ftp seem to be removed. Shoud I backup mysql ask admin to restore my account to standard and um install it all and put the mysql back? Woud that work?

K I created a backup of my main forum, the rest dusent really mather Wanna inprove them anyway. Coud my main account be reset. To a new password and default settings?

I want a difrent pas etc. All use a more dificult 1 now to make sure this wont hapen again :) am really confused why and when it hapend.

Edited by special (see edit history)

If that is the case, self-report the previous post and explia to the Admins what you are asking for. That would be the best method.

Looking at your directory structure, you're missing many original folders and files that were established while initial hosting account setup.This can be done only two ways: 1) someone had access to cPanel, deleted and dumpted recycle bin or 2) someone deleted using FTP. FTP leaves no trace of activity unless you enable FTP log.Before you go on and say things like, 'no one has access to your account except for person(s) you trust' this is the only way it could have been done' at the current directory structure that is the only explanation. Always keep your username and password safely guarded. Maybe a keylogger snatched your password? Who knows. I am not at your computer. But my speculation is that someone deleted them using FTP. If someone deleted by using cPanel, your whole account would have been compromised including your database, redirect etc.To restore your original files and structures, you have to terminate your current hosting and reapply for another one.