xisto Community
hype

Generic Host Error Anyone know how to fix it?

I've been receiving this errors for months and it seems not get get fixed... I'm using Windows XP SP2 Home edition...

Generic Host Process for Win32 Services encountered a problem and needed to close.

I've tried whatever I can do, googling it, reading almost everything possible and this error seems to be keep poping out everytime after I get my computer started and my sound driver seems not to be working after that... I've even tried the hotfix provided by Microsoft and kept my laptop up to date with the Windows Update and this error seems to be popping up every now and then and my Media Player seems not to be working! Now even my web browser seems unable to load pictures and pages correctly and I even had a hard time loadig Xisto! Anyone has any idea how to solved it?

I don't really get what you mean by that by but my problem is almost solved, just that its still very hard to load pages from the internet and always return a message that the browser couldn't load that page.. I've installed a new firewall and blocked out almost everything useless, and hope that this problem would be gone once and for all...

Firewall:- Block all windows services like : Generic Host Process for Win32 , Aplication layer gateway, etc---- Alow only Browsers ,Chat programs Check for viruses !!!!!!!

I agree with nocom... I have Generic Host Process for Win32 blocked in my firewall, both incoming, and outgoing, TCP or UDP connections... Filename for this process is svchost.exe... And I guess it's only purpose is to connect to Micro$ofts servers, and send them some sort of data... Well, not if I'm the one to be asked...If there were any possibility of blocking those services, I woudl block them, as they don't do anything usefull, just take up resources, and send who knows what data to Micro$oft... I bet they are spying on people already :unsure:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
Thanx to Slees, we no longer have to worry about those so-called �Generic Host for Win32 Process� and �svchost.exe� errors that haunt our Windows XP almost daily (If not cured). Below I will explain what are the symptoms of this evil problem and how easily it can be fixed: Symptoms:You are surfing the internet or are engaged any type of Internet activity when suddenly all your Network activity goes to hault. You can still see the Internet connected icon in the tray but you cannot surf, browse or do anything. You get an error message something like �Generic Host Process for Win32 Services has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.� Error message reporting about faulting netapi32.dll and svchost.exe. You try to disconnect your Internet because of no activity observed but the Internet icon wont disappear. You recieve an error message something like �Your PC has recovered from a serious problem� etc. Solution:Follow these simple steps and your Windows will be fully cured of this menace Close Port 445:1. Start Registry Editor (Regedit.exe) by clicking Start menu, and then click the Run icon.to. In the small box that Opens, type: regedit then click the OK button. The Registry Editor will now have opened.3. Locate the following key in the registry:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESystemCurrentControlSetServicesNetBTParametersIn the right-hand side of the window find an option called TransportBindName.Double click that value, and then delete the default value, thus giving it a blank value.Close Port 135:1. Then you must now navigate to the following registry key:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftOLEto. You will see there is a String Value called: EnableDCOMSet the value to: N (it should currently be Y)3. Close the Registry Editor. Shutdown and Restart your computer.Well thats all but if you want you can disable NETbios.Update: For whole those who are looking for an alternate solution to fix this error please consider my latest post to Fix Generic Host Error-md sameer

Its Microsoft the one who sends them error messages around so people can get bored of it and buy their new vista ****. they this people are stupid but thats fine because linux is much better and more people are using it.It has happen to me by O2 telephone company and microsoft.so people beware.-aldo

My tip=>

Generic Host Error

You just need right update form icrosoft.Com. I just cant find it now :(

-reply by RyKLeD SpaRKs

Generic Host error determined

Generic Host Error

Support.Microsoft.Com/kb/894391 go on this link then download update depend which win you use,afther that you need to use two fixers for which I don't know links,but if you are interested in it just pm me on msn: srbobranmilenkovic att hotmail.Com.

I had sma problem for long time and fixed it up with.

-reply by Srba

this is my solution to your problem its very simple go to control panel go to firewall proceed to advance and click restore defaults and your problem is gone 100% guaranteed 

-reply by Bapi

I do not want to edit my registry myself unless Microsoft does that for me. Also I don't want to disable services as i am not the administrator.All I need is patches from Microsoft that will give freedom from it.When the error message pops up, if i close the message then the internet connection is immediately gone. If the message is not closed but kept aside the internet connection as well as the computer works fine. Irrespective of whether it is a Ethernet connection or USB connection the error message would pop up.

Edited by buxgoddess (see edit history)