xisto Community
The69_er

Who Thinks Dope Should Be Legal Your opinion

Well legalizing it would be the only way to control it. This way the governments or Phillip Morris would get thier hands on it and make money from all the addicts. Just think Phillip Morris making billions off cigarrettes every year dispite lawsuit after lawsuit, Possibly making billions on pot. The government would make billions too and all the pot heads instead of risking getting caught buying form a dealer, they could go to a 7-11 and but it. The only losers here would be the dealers. Legalizing Pot would be a great way to stop dealers from malking money on that product. As far as addiction would be, the companies could dilute it and add other things in, for example: flavored pot and stuff like that.

Edited by seddy (see edit history)

well heres my opinion on thingspot being a gateway drug: while yes it can be a stepping stone for people to go onto other drugs, what do most people do before they smoke it? smoke tobacco and drink alcohol. they are the true gateway drugs, and are only considered less harmful because they are legal. they cause more problems than weed ever has.as far as marijuana being illegal, you just have to look at the propaganda that was out in the past about it making people crazy and murder people. you can't honestly tell me that the people that made the laws to make it illegal back so many years ago actually had an accurate picture of the drug and it effects.I personally have used it for a long time, and have not found any problems with it. Its enjoyable and relaxes me, and i've found that i can use it for other reasons, it can be used to help me sleep and also when i've had a big night of drinking i find it can settle my stomach so i can eat and drink without wanting to throw up.it would be a good thing for it to be made legal and for the hemp plant to be used again. it was grown in the past and used by a lot of people. it was the grown by george washington, and thomas jefferson.

The first thing to think is this: Is it illegal just for the heck of it? Just to bug you? There's really a reason. There really is a danger. It may be a danger with certain drugs - the possibility of death. I don't know for sure, but I don't think there's a single illegal drug that doesn't have the potential to literally melt brain cells, even if it isn't an immediate problem or if it happens very often. Meth, for example, can totally screw you up visually and in you're brain. If not that, you do one drug, there's a much higher chance of you wanting to try something "bigger and better". Because eventually that high won't feel as good as before and you'll have to either change to a stronger drug to get the same effect or up you're dose - also dangerous.IMHO, drugs are just the cowards way out of problems. And it's only a temporary solution.DISCLAIMER: This is not my life experience. This is not college level (maybe not even high-school), and I may be wrong, and it may just be propaganda shoved down my throat. I could be right in some or all things though.

Edited by theaverageidiot (see edit history)

i think that it should be legalized. also, i believe that marijuana should be kept under the same regulations as alchohol. after all, how often do you hear about drunk drivers? now how often do you hear about people driving stoned?drinking is more damaging to yourself as well as others, and yet which one is legal? does that make any sort of sense to you?i have to say, anything can be ok, as long as it is used reasonably, and with moderation. when something becomes a NEED or an ADDICTION, that is when it becomes wrong. if you can control yourself, keep from doing stupid/harmful things while under the influence, and you are of the legal age, i dont see a problem

As said before this, dope is not marijuana, dope is something that releases dopamine which marijuana doesn't.Do I believe it should be legalized? No. This would just be another form of putting down the small business owner. Many people would lose their jobs in the process and it would lead to more people using the plant.I believe it should be decriminalized. That is, I believe you should not get into trouble for possessing a small amount of marijuana.Marijuana is not anymore addictive then Dr. Pepper or Coca-Cola. Caffiene is much more addicting than marijuana and alcohol and nicotine are way more addicting as well. It does not have much side effects other than the 'munchies' (that feelin to eat - this can help people who are sick and not very hungry), and a temporary lowering of fertility which lasts only for the amount of time of the intoxication, red eyes, and cottonmouth. Can't think of any others at the moment.I too agree with others that marijuana is not a gateway drug. The true gateway drugs are tobacco and alcohol, everyone is exposed to these two drugs at a mass scale, bombarded daily with ads for them. And many marijuana smokers are known to look down on others who do such drugs as crack and meth.Also, to many drug users, users of hard drugs like crack and meth, see marijuana as nothing more than a tylenol pill, they say the euphoria is so minute it's not worth the money. But me see, I'll stick to the drug that has no recorded deaths in human history - mary jane.The only health affects it causes is emphysema which is a serious condition. Scientists haven't proven that marijuana increases the risks to get empysema but they do not rule it out because marijuana is most popularly consumed by smoking the plant. Though there are truly safe ways to consume it, like using a vaporizer.

"A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." Abraham Lincoln

I will preface my rant on the so-called drug war by expressing my personal disdain for marijuana and most of its recreational users. While the hemp plant serves a number of practical purposes and its medicinal uses are well founded, I myself never cultivated an appreciation for its recreational (or medicinal) effect, subversive subculture, or the loss of grey matter that often ensues even moderate usage. From what Ive observed pot smokers often seem more predisposed to use of harder recreational chemicals as opposed to those who imbibe in alcohol. By the same token, Ive known tokers who carry on their chosen professions very well with no apparent ill effect. Still, they seem in the minority compared to the majority who become too damn apathetic and mellow for their own good.

But the Ninth and Tenth Amendments are quite clear regarding the individuals right to self medicate. And nothing in the constitution prohibits you from using drugs or doing what you will with your own person. While I dont personally care for pot, my opinion and preferences can hold no sway over another persons right to exscersise their constitutional freedoms.

Further, the whole concept of criminalizing a plant is completely absurd. As mentioned by a previous poster, our founding fathers utilized the herb in the days when freedom actually meant something. This draconian War on Drugs is a ludicrous farce, and may just as well be called the War on Civil Liberties, as this so called war has the opposite effect by empowering untouchable drug lords while violating the constitutional rights of we the people. Keep in mind government(s) is already in the business of pushing drugs on the populace. One need look no further than the Bush regimes international drug cartel or the FDAs approval/sponsorship of toxic pharmaceutical mayhem. Can you say, blatant hypocrisy?

I don't know, I don't really think that it'd be a good idea to make dope legal. Reason being partly because then it'll be like smokes and you'll smell it everywhere and for those who don't want to smoke or smell it, they will have to deal with it. Sometimes as well it leads to bigger things or even more. The problem may not be so bad if they did it in their private home and it didn't effect others around them but it does. I think the people change and sometimes do things they normally wouldn't do when not under the influence of dope. Of course I'm just a 15 year old and don't really know all about dope except for bad things. I would never personally smoke, sniff, or whatever with dope. The only reason I would and would like to see dope legal is for medical reasons to help people heal. The only problem with that would be if people continue the use of dope even after they have fully recovered but I don't know.

Personally, I'm not into drugs and I never will be, but I do think some drugs (such as marijuana) should be legal. It's a very common drug and whether it's legal or not, a lot of people are still using it. If it was legal, people selling it and smoking it wouldnt get in trouble for it, which would be better. And the government would get all the tax they want so badly. I do think that soon weed will be legal because its just as popular as cigarettes pretty much. And on top of that, actual cigarettes kill you faster than weed and cigarettes are legal. I think thats kind of stupid. Well .. anyway, whatever.